Note to New Members ×

Inland Northwest Expression Session

Steve Prokopiw

It is official! l will host the first annual Inland Northwest Expression Session on Friday February 8th and Saturday February 9th .The marketing director will be adding the event to the activities calendar at www.silvermt.com within the next couple of days, but I will let bomber members know of any schedule details here as well.THE SNOW AND GROOMING HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT! I was out at chair 4 today using my 185 Proton and had plenty of room and lots of runs to choose from! Killer day! I can't wait to ride with all who attend and show you how great a carving mountain this is turning into!Toyota owners can get a sneak peek on Toyota Ski Free Day this coming Friday.I'll be cruisin the mountain with some other bomber members that day.

There will be a 5.00 discount off lift tickets for any participant that signs the event release form Feb 8-9.I will be at a table in the gondola base area from 8:00 until 8:30 each morning to coordinate lift tickets and release forms.If we actually get 15 or more non-pass holders signed up by at least a couple of days prior to the event we can get the group rate (I believe 10.00 off) for lift tickets.

We now have high quality helmet cam rentals available for 4 hour sessions that include up to a one hour dvd (burned on site)to take home for 75.00.Could be fun to use during the session.

Morningstar Lodge has very good lift lodging packages if anyone wants to stay overnight at the base of the gondola. There are a few choices of food and drink in the village as well.Including a great new pizza place.

Silver is building an AWESOME indoor waterpark to be completed late spring that would be available next season to riders staying at Morningstar.With the support of Silver Mountain Resort this could be a killer two or three day event next season with demos,apres and video and would likely be held on a weekend that would not conflict with the SES or other regional events.

Hope to see you there:)

Great news Steve,

rode with toolcan & Russ today on fast groomers. Russ is gonna car pool 4-5 of us in the suburban from Sandpoint area to Silver on the 8th, not sure if we can make it both days though as most have to work Sat. May take two cars, we'll see.

I won't make toyota day saving the gas for the 8th.

If we can get an annual INW session going that'd turn my crank.

Sweet turns in the sun today. looking forward to Silver Mt expression session the 8th :biggthump

Guest Tool Can

Steve,

Was great riding with Boardski an Russ yesterday.

U where missed.

:biggthumpGood deal on Offcial INW Session.Hope for many to come.

Looking forward to 8th.

Will be up to Silver Mt.Tomorrow of course.

TC

while following the participants around! We will edit and dvds will be available for reasonable $ if there is demand.We will also show footage at end of the daily session.

Looks like Friday the 8th will be the day most will show up to this little gathering but I will still be there on Saturday too.Hope to see a bunch come out of the carving closet so that we have more clout with the mountain next year.Meet at the gondola base from 8:00 - 8:30(I will be heading up right after that)

Helmet cam sounds like good fun, count me in for a dvd. Do I really look like a monoskier??? Will you have a hand held also, I'm a good camera man but only have a digital still.

I'll try to get away on Sat. but most of the Schwietzer crew has to work Fri. night or Sat. so some have to leave early.

Any chance of Group rates?? Russ & Tonya, Becki & I, & Sean from marketing will be there Fri. morn.

b0ardski,so far the best I can get for a group rate is 5.00 off per ticket.If we can get 15 nonpass holders to sign up,we can get it down another 5.00 to 36.00 a ticket.Some of the participants scheduled are already pass holders.There are other types of restricted date vouchers floating around as I have seen two for one vouchers used lately.Not sure how to get them.I will try to find out.

There is better news though as far as $ are concerned... Wildcat Pizza,a great new pizza place in the gondola village, has offered us their place to watch video of Fridays riding and a 20% discount off the already very reasonable price on any preordered pizza and soda.Beer is very reasonable there and I think I can get us a special or two on that as well.It's a great place run by great people!

The best time for video and pizza will be 5:00 as that will allow us time to get down the gondola and also allow for a beer or two at the lodge before coming down to Wildcat.Also ,that is before they get busy there with dinnertime orders.

Also,I talked to the mtn ops guy today an we will be granted a few grooming requests.This will result in me hand picking a few runs to have groomed a little wider than usual.Very cool!

My sister,Kristina is planning on being there on Friday the 8th to do handheld vid as well as use her new hard setup that she will hopefully get some more practice on before the session. She is a brand new and very stoked hardbooter!

Everyone who plans to come please email me through bomber.Thanks, and stay tuned!

Which,as the Big Mountain guys know first hand;will never happen.I am hoping we get a break in the ice age long enough to try for a one day event on Feb 29 (Leapyear!).I was telling Tool Can that we may never be able to use our beloved carving boards again.That it will snow non stop until Summer,when three months of bad sledding will begin.When Summer sledding season is over it will start snowing again until Christmas day, when God himself will laughlingly part the snow clouds and allow the sun to shine.The day after Christmas it will start snowing again and will never ever stop ever ever again.I wonder how much more snow I could shovel if I started taking epo and steroids...

Back to the schedule change,it is supposed to keep snowing right through the weekend and it will make sense for us all to chill at our home mountains,keep shovelling and enjoying bottomless powpow in what is shaping up to be the most epic Inland Northwest winter on record.I will keep all you cool people posted.

By the way;I was up to sixteen interested people for this so let's hope we can still pull it off later on.Steve out.

Guest Tool Can

Hey,

There are worse fates to have to bare.

IE to much Powder.Oh the Humanity!!!:)

Bummed that we Missed Your Session Dr.D

Was looking forward to it in a Big Mt sort of way.:(

Steve,his Sis and I+ where all set to travel out there.

But Pass was Closed and Blah,blah,blah.

Remember there is safety in Numbers for us Carvers.

And of course good times too.

Hope to see some good numbers show at INW Session/Silver Mt 29th.

Have a Great Season All,

TC

Just a reminder that the INWES session has been postponed until February 29th (even though the silvermt.com site still says the original dates)and will be held as a one day event since almost everyone who was interested in the original date was coming just for the Friday session.We are still planning on having a post session pizza and video gig at Wildcat Pizza on that Friday the 29th.We will have at least one helmet cam and one hanheld going most of the day for everyone to view their 'former' selves and 'new and improved' selves while eating great pizza and drinking good beer!Kepp posting with intent to participate so we get a good headcount for Wildcat and maybe even a real group rate on tickets.Non pass holders will get 5.00 off lift tickets' but if we get 15 or more non pass holders we can get a more significant discount.Thanks.Steve