Note to New Members ×

Sunapee 4/3

trailertrash

The light rain stopped at 11:30, it then snowed lightly for an hour, now the sun is out with 20 to 30 mph winds gusts drying everything out. Thursday should be fine, the man made doesn't take this crap from Mother Nature, it holds on and says NO I'm man-made snow go melt some wimpy natural snow in the woods, I'm sticking to the trail. Or somthing like that, I'm begining to get upset I can't join you guys tomorrow. Really want to try out my new BTS.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunny all day highs in the upper 30s. Wed is supposed to be in the low 40s and the overnight temps are close to 30. Should be a good base day.

I rode Sat and Sun and both days sucked. Sat was bullet proof boilerplate and Sun was boilerplate covered by 3inches of groomed corn which would not hold any carve until you sunk to the plate below. Several more grooms should even it out and pack it down. I'm trying to take the day off Thursday but can only ride to early afternoon.

EZE

4 Inches of heavy wet snow last night and now its pouring rain. Another system moving through Wednesday into the evening bringing a mix of snow, freezing rain and rain into Thursday morning, may not be the week to travel up. Looks like I'll be working Saturday's for the next couple of weeks so I'll be taking Thursdays off. I'll keep you posted on the weather.

Thanks Eric, We are up for a long weekend but it is starting to look like more time at 1 Mile West than on the hill. Looks like the weekend to bring movies. Might see you out there anyway. The pass is paid for as of two weeks ago with 11 days in so everything else is a bonus (Right??:smashfrea)

Should be better and drying out after the next mess on Wednesday night.

I could be at the mt late on Sat depending on when we finish up and definitely on Sunday morning. Colder temps are headed this way which means I nice firm base of boiler plate, at least it will be very fast:eplus2:

Looks like I'll be there Sunday 2/10 by 9 am. If it is icy, I'll stick with the GS race skis. If I'm doing mach 10, I like to have confidence in the board/boards strapped to my feet. I'll bring the Donek incase the corduroy in the morning is too hard to resist (I would be the noob in Nordica GP ski boots falling down every other turn). My favorite chair is the triple from the base so I can bomb Lynx and Goose Bumps. Weather so far is windy and snow on Sat/Sunday.

Bob K.

Epic last few days - snowed here from Monday night until last night - it always cracks me up when you guys bum out cause it's snowing - and yes it is going to take several days of grooming until you would enjoy it - the cord. groomed lines lasted about one run today then turned into loose powder again :biggthump:biggthump:D:D

Well hopefully it will rain on Tuesday and refreeze Wed so Thursday can be just right!!!:lol:

WOW!! Sunday was a little nuts. I got there a little after 9, and everything was pretty chewed up. I figured I'd take a couple runs on skis to warm up, and then the snow started. I saw a hardbooter carving one run down next to the NASTAR course, but I never saw you again. Once the white out started, my buddies and I stuck close to the trees. Unfortunately the board stayed in the car. Maybe next time. I can't remember the last time I carved freshies in the afternoon! It was snowing hard until about 2, and I had to hang it up by 3.

Bob K.

EZE hey we missed you both days, actually all 3, rode friday thru sunday. OUTSTANDING on the new AM. I rode with Eric on sunday he saw you but we never found you. He bailed at 10:30 and I rode untill noon. Some human gates but not to bad. Friday was great, you gotta get a job that gives you more time off, all work and no ride will make you old like me fast. Had the wife on Hard boot Sat and she is a convert, now I just have to find her a set of intec heels so she can get in and out herself, old burton step-ins with the rear leaver are killing her.

Blocked next weekend see you the 22nd!

Paul

You know me Paul, if you're not in line at 8 you're in my dust.

I went right to the bowl and did see Erick although I wasn't waiting for anyone and we were way out of sequence. The first hour or so was incredible, The morning sun on the fresh 4 inches of snow with a good groom under it was the sweetest thing. I then made the mistake as I often do to go to the front for a groomed Goose Bumps, did it a couple of times ripped up Eggbeater a couple of times and left, at 9:45 they were already half way into the 3rd lot, and my quilty baby concious was burning in my ears. I'm riding the morning on Thursday and it should be a great day. I too am blacked out starting Saturday through the next weekend(dam school vacation) I gotta check with my peeps to dig up a couple of tickets.

Foot of POW has become 4-8 with potential for a little slop on the backside. All depends on your altitude. Still calling for sun and mid 30s for Thursday.

Storm is supposed to end by evening with the worst or most:) snow coming during the early morning into the commute time. If its' light and dry I may be calling in sick, with a speedy recovery by 11am when my lines are all chewed up.

EZE

Looking like warming temps and a possible mix of snow and sleet.

Getting 4-8 inches of fluffy powder today into tonight, Sat morning should be pretty sweet. Cause I know my Sunapee is going to try to groom it out leaving a little pow sitting on top. Um Um Good.