Note to New Members ×

A breakthrough day!

trikerdad

18 years of snowboarding, 15 in hard boots, and I think I finally got it. I do great in hero snow (who doesn't) but, have always had problems with the occasionally unexplained edge loss in other than ideal conditions and, with controlling speed on steeper terrain. Today I decided to concentrate on getting the board more up on edge. Even with my knees dragging, I wanted to get that extra 10 or so degrees of tilt that are lost through the board to binding to boot to foot interface. I've always been lazy in that I would just drop my knees toward the snow and hope the equipment would do the job. Today I really pressured my toes on the toe side and my heels on the heel side, using my ankles inside the boots. What a difference! Each run I was able to turn inside the turns of the previous run. I was able to make full 180 degree turns clear to the bottom of a steep, narrow, run that I usually end up bombing the bottom of. I suddenly don't care what the conditions might be tomorrow!

Good for you Bill!! Glad to hear you're back on the snow, try to take it easy on those bones of yours. I've had a few days like that myself this season, and it's nice when that litebulb goes on overhead. Are you going to ses this year?

mario

Yes, unless I break something again before then. I'm dragging my travel trailer, with my newly retired wife and my dog aboard, out there a few days before it starts. I won't be staying at St Moritz this year but, maybe I can sneak into their hot tub a couple of times.

P.S. Michelle said I was the first one to order an SES package.

I too need to try getting my board up on edge more. After looking at video from the last couple of seasons (what little there is) and examining pictures of myself I noticed that I don't angulate enough. Hopefully I can get some more days in this season to test this theory out. Hoping to make it up there Sunday with the family so if you're around I'll try to catch up with you. BTW I love your bike! Are those Bassani pipes on that bad boy? Figures you'd ride a rigid frame too, I knew I liked you for a reason......:biggthump