Note to New Members ×

Warning! Second poor quality video ahead!

Pow

First thing I notice about the guy in camo - his stance looks a little narrow. He's a tall guy or his board is really short. From what I understand, a too-narrow stance promotes a swaying hip kind of motion which is what I see him doing.

Your (tan coat) riding looks pretty good to me. You're driving your legs toward the snow. Notice the difference in the lower leg angle between you and Paragon. I can't carve hard unless I am really trying to drive my boot cuff into the snow.

Those kind of conditions don't help. You can hardly set an edge in that kind of snow/ice so the tendency is to make quick, short turns without really committing to an edge.

Thanks for the advice! i guess i dont have enough experience with boards to have thought of that:smashfrea As for me: I want to know what to do with my hands. I was pretty tense in the video due to the scary snow conditions, but even in hero groom im unsure. Also, my edge change from appx t=40s to t=43s looks strange, and i cant figure out why. Does it look like im pumping? that could have carried over from longboarding. should i not?

Pow:

I wish some other guys would chime in here because I feel highly unqualified. Yes, what to do with hands. How about a smoke in one and a beer in the other? Failing that, I try to reach for the board with my downhill hand and keep my uphill hand high. This helps keep my shoulders level with the slope.

Are you familiar with the Core Four?

1. Foundation

2. Suspension

3. Alignment

4. Level Shoulder

Come on guys, someone else chime here.

BTW, you guys ever make it to Holiday Valley or anywhere in Ontario? Would be cool riding with you.

Would be glad to meet you guys at Holiday Valley any day. It's a 2.5 hour drive for me. If you can make it to Ontario, all the better although I can't in good conscience recommend any hill other than Blue Mountain in Collingwood which is a long drive for you.

If you want to do Gore, Bristol or Whiteface, I'd consider that too but it would require a bit more planning for me.