Note to New Members ×

Whiteface

skategoat

Anyone from the East considering going to Tremblant ought to change their minds and head directly to Whiteface. We just got back from a three day family trip there and had a great time.

Plenty of vertical, lots of room and, compared to Tremblant, hardly anyone there. The longest we had to wait for a lift was 15 minutes and that only happened once for the gondola. Most of the time, it was straight onto the chair.

We found the place very family friendly. We just let the kids go with their pals and eventually caught up with them. At places like Tremblant or Killington, we'd lose them for good. Plenty of room in the picnic lunch area too.

The only drawback is the lack of on-hill accomodation but that was compensated by the activities that were available in the town of Lake Placid. We hit the Olympic oval every night.

The only negative was the absolute horrendous meal at a restaurant called Pasta la Vista. It was quite possibly the worst meal I have ever paid for. To call it Italian food is an insult to Italians and to food in general. Horrid.

We're going to drop by Whiteface on the weekend before ECES to take in the WC races. Pasta la Vista may be renamed to Hasta la Vista!!

Actually, the kids were calling it "Barfa la Vista". I seriously considered throwing a rock through their window the next day - it was that bad.

Whiteface is my home mountain. The upgrades they've made in the past few years have helped erase it's surname - Iceface. It has some of the best terrain in the east.

As for food, get off the strip, they're catering to the masses. If you like Mexican check out Desperados ( I know I will be Sat night) and if you want something a little further south check out the Caribbean Cowboy...some of the best food ever.... and spicy.

Now back to your regularily scheduled programming.