Note to New Members ×

Blue Mtn.

cafercr35

I was not out today, but I did ride yesterday morning. Conditions are good considering the weather. Expect some ice and a little sugar in the morning, turning softer as the day goes on. It mainly has just drizzled and sleeted a little today, not enough to make a difference. Blue is not 100% open, so it may not be worth the drive. Crowds will be a toss up due to holidays and weather. The more the weather turns (rain), the less people to expect.

Have fun!

I was not out today, but I did ride yesterday morning. Conditions are good considering the weather. Expect some ice and a little sugar in the morning, turning softer as the day goes on. It mainly has just drizzled and sleeted a little today, not enough to make a difference. Blue is not 100% open, so it may not be worth the drive. Crowds will be a toss up due to holidays and weather. The more the weather turns (rain), the less people to expect.

Have fun!

I was there at 8am....it was just as u said. The little rain chased most anf I road solid until 12......after that it was bump and jump mash potatoes. So home I went. The legs were feeling worked....definitley a ride not wasted :biggthump

• 3 weeks later...

Better put an edge on that board and bring your legs.

conditons variable: concrete to piles of cinders to death pockets and ridges and throw in a few meat gates, it makes for an interesting morning of riding. these condtions do a few things, work the thighs, better your balance and make you a better rider, but its not pretty.

dont expect to throw down any hero turns, unles conditions have some how set up to make the snow stick together and not explode out from underneath you.

At least that is how it was Sat and Sun morning. I will try and get out Thursday morning

I'm thinking of adding crampons and an ice axe to the quiver for those early morning runs. ;) Then the only thing left for me to do would be to grow a pair and just ride. Chubz; Though the conditions were not quite hero, still had fun trying to throw down a few turns you.

It's snowing outside as I type this...... What will the weekend bring? Post conditions report to keep us up to date.

Jesse

Nah

my quiver has been whittled (others sold to fund pogo buys, well worth it) to 2 pogos, 1 riot velocity, 1 osin 4807 and a new member to the family.........osin 3800 163. Thanks for the heads up Jesse, got it for $68. Jesse has me salivating over snapping my MADD 158, I watch him ride with envy. My eyes are on the horizon for anotherone.

As far as the volants, I miss mine that delamed, it is wall hanging beside the MADD. We are usually out on Sat sun and I usually get out a couple days per week.

If I get out Friday I will post.

Greg

It was good this morning. rode from 7:30 to noon, grippy with little ice to start then progressed to intermitent ice with trackable dust piles by midmorning. and ull sheets of ice by late morning.

Best runs: I usually strongly dislike challenge, but today it was the best i have seen in years, actually semi-smooth and carvable, watch your back though, Straightliners

Main street good

Raceway best run of the day, groomed flat and no one on it.

Worst:

They opened razor's about 11am they were grooming it all morning. It is open edge to edge but BEWARE, it looks great from the lift, but it comprised of nothing but death cookies, I can say i have never seen anything like it. If it stays cold they should be able to crunch those cookeis and make it into actual snow. Even the stuuf that looked groom was a false surface that crumbled from underneath you if any pressure was put on it.

If it continues to remain cold ,we may end up with some hero type conditions.

It was fairly crowded as well.

JBS, thanks for the tune, ginsu like. I hope you know I will be having you do the Blitz for me prior to ECES.

Hope to be out a couple mornigns this week.

Chubz,

Sounds like you had fun.... It must have been good for you to stay out that long on a holiday day. I was really diggin' Challenge myself on Sunday, I could not get enough of the upper headwall. I overheard people talking about how s****y the conditions were and how it was all boilerplate, it took all I had to keep from giggling. Sucks about Razor, but they must have blown an insane about of snow last night. It was only about 2/3 open yesterday to to bottom. The weather looks promising for the week and I think switchback opens today. See you out soon.

Jesse

PS.. Now imagine that same tune on a baby Madd! :eplus2:

Jesse

It was the best day yet. Just glad to see that my trips to the gym are helping, been doing cardio and legs. I could have rode the rest of the day, but crowds were setting in and ice reering its head.

Thanks again on the tune. someday I will be back on a 158, i still get sick about mine snapping.

I may get out a few mornigns this week, I will let you know how it goes.

Greg

Hey Greg,

I was out there from 10 until about 3. Funny I was running Challenge all day too. We must have been on different twilights but i the same place....LOL

Can't believe we missed eachother.

Challenge was awesome once you got threw the cookies on the top.

I was one of the first on Razor - man was that a buzzkill.....looked sweet as hell from the lift. Get this - I even went back later for a second try thinking it was me......not!!!!

catch ya later - Joe

Joe,

Boards to sell no, but boards to try out sure. I have a Madd 158 and Coiler 180 racecarve you can try if you like (try is the word, these babies are not for sale). We could swap for some runs, I have yet to step on any Donek yet :rolleyes:. I'm usually out most weekends if you want to give it a spin.

Jesse

Joe,

Boards to sell no, but boards to try out sure. I have a Madd 158 and Coiler 180 racecarve you can try if you like (try is the word, these babies are not for sale). We could swap for some runs, I have yet to step on any Donek yet :rolleyes:. I'm usually out most weekends if you want to give it a spin.

Jesse

Thanks for your offering Jesse - Bruce is building me a Coiler as we speak. So I'm in pretty good shape right now. I would like to give that Madd a shot - you and Greg just sound stoked everytime you talk about it. LOL

158 is on the wish list, behind a virus, kessler and maybe one of those pretty prior metals.

I also offer my Pogo Overdose and Blitz for test rides, but no sale.

Rode today for a few runs, Ice ice and more ice. Switchback was half decent but nothing to put a cape on about, no heroes in sight today. I didnt get there until 1 pm either.

158 is on the wish list, behind a virus, kessler and maybe one of those pretty prior metals.

I also offer my Pogo Overdose and Blitz for test rides, but no sale.

Rode today for a few runs, Ice ice and more ice. Switchback was half decent but nothing to put a cape on about, no heroes in sight today. I didnt get there until 1 pm either.

Thanks Greg - I may just take you up on that when we get together and ride...which I think we should do soon.

Scratch the Overdose off the list, it broke yesterday. But we can still get together. Let me know, I should be out this weekend with Jesse.

oh no! thats s*cks - did it snap or delam?

This weekend I'll be in Hunter saturday and camelback on Monday. I can prolly come out next weekend...pick a day we can make the plans.