Note to New Members ×

Warning! Poor quality video ahead! (technique help please!)

Pow

Me n paragon decided we're going to start videotaping every once in a while to help us figure out how to improve our style. this is the first of our videos, which is a very poor, quick job about a minute long with about 10 seconds of us snowboarding. It's not increadibly helpfull, but it's a start (and we'll have more, better videos up later in the season).

It starts off with Paragon (if you can find him through the crowds). then theres about a 30 second gap inbetween the end of his run and the start of mine.

So in a nutshell, we posted this so that maybe somebody could give us some pointers on what we should be doing that will help us improve our style. Please help us out as we're relatively isolated from other carvers!

What we're working on so far: basically, I told paragon (and he's been working on this) that he needs to reach for the front boot with his outside arm and bend his knees way more. Myself, I need to work on rotating more for heelside turns (i think my toeside form is alright for now). Im sure we'd look better on hero snow with no crowds too, but we got what we paid for (free riding this week at Oak Mountain:p ).

both of you guys need to be a lot more aggressive, get the board on edge and carve. right now you're just fighting the board, not mentally committing to making it happen

the conditions and crowds are not conducive in the slightest so I don't blame ya...

it was also a green slope, not steep at all. they didnt have any steeper terrain open (that right there was the steepest part!) because it was their "grand reopening" day and they hadnt been preparing for long. we're just hoping to juice this little bit for what its worth until we can get some better footage up from a better hill with better snow and smaller crowds. thanks for the input though, D!:biggthump

that pitch is steep enough to learn the basic fundamentals, but definitely too short, too narrow, too crowded.

I forget how spoiled we are, even at SoCal resorts when compared to many other places.

honestly, the video doesn't show enough for anyone to really say much. Wait til conditions are better, make sure your gear is appropriate for you and set up correctly and then remember that truly carved turns take moderate aggression/determination and commitment.

yeah, its pretty brutal at the small resorts up here in the adirondacks, they had possibly the slowest quad ever, with an unloading platform that had a long, like 45-50 degree slope, there were lines backed up to the lodge. the bigger resorts around here are spectacular, but expensive at times.

yeah, its pretty brutal at the small resorts up here in the adirondacks, they had possibly the slowest quad ever, with an unloading platform that had a long, like 45-50 degree slope, there were lines backed up to the lodge. the bigger resorts around here are spectacular, but expensive at times.

How far are you guys from Charlemont Mass?

never heard of the place, though Jiminy Peak is my home mountain, so if its in western Mass chances are its relatively close.

in regards to 350 and alakata: i believe they were both on volkl renn tigers (168cm?) with TD2s, and 350 had a 170-something donek race with olympic construction that he may or may not have wrecked on rocks.