Note to New Members ×

Tomorrow, Monday 12/16

kirtap

Well I got my hands on a friend's car for tomorrow and am wondering where I should go. Who has the best conditions for carving this time of year? I have the Five Mountain Pass and can get my hands on a Copper/Winter Park pass. Any advice would be appreciated or if people are already heading out somewhere, let me know. I'd love to meet some of you.

Everything in Colorado is in good shape right now, but keep in mind that the holiday season is upon up so try to ride weekdays if possible. Abasin is and always will be my 1st choice, their snow is in excellent shape. Keep Keystone open as an option also and they are running the lights all week now so bring your clear lenses and have a blast. Beaver Creek if you can but I an not shure about their snow. Should be decent. Be sure to post on the ride board if you can you never know who might show up. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Think Snow

Kirtap - are you just riding tomorrow.. one day?

I could ride with you for a couple hours here at WP tomorrow (early).. but there are better carving hills in Summit County if you only have one day. The grooms here are short and sweet (good for an outa shape fat guy like myself).

I would be up for a night ride at Keystone later in the week.

I PMed you my cell

No tomorrow won't be my only day. I moved out here this year to go to school at CU, so hopefully I will be out many more days this year. Tomorrow I think I am giving someone else a ride out to the mountains to pay for gas money, so I will be restricted to the Five Mountain Pass. I will be out to Copper/WP soon though as many kids here have condos on those two.

I see you updated things a bit.

Use my cell number.. I know a "dude" in Boulder who gets up here every now and again.. maybe he'll let you tag along. There are several of us who have WP/Copper and Five Mnt passes.

Riding with other BOLers is easy and tons of fun... just stay in touch.

Are you sure about setting kirtap up with him? Seems like that would be pushing the limits of decency

Sounds like maybe I should stay away from this guy?

I went to Keystone today as it was the only place I haven't been yet out of the Abasin, Key, and Breck. I found a run off to the side that was groomed and fairly empty. As always, I stop at a crest and wait for it to clear out below me as well as above me, just to make sure one of those bad wreck stories you always hear about doesn't happen to me. I started with a heel side, then toe side, looked uphill again and didn't see anyone, pulled almost all the way through my next heel side and got nailed from behind. Big guy on a snowboard, probably around 250-300 pounds. I flew about 10 feet from where I was hit and rolled about 10 more, based on the marks on the hill. The other guy however must have been flying down the hill as he came to a stop around 50 feet below me. After we both got up, I watched him go down the hill and this was obviously one of his first couple times out. Just goes to show that no matter how careful you are, you can't always avoid the idiots out there.

His board hit me in the back of my bindings. Made a decent sized gash. I am assuming these are still safe to ride with, but just wanted to see what you guys think.

Pat

post-692-141842243816_thumb.jpg

post-692-14184224382_thumb.jpg

post-692-141842243828_thumb.jpg

The board didn't directly hit my body, but his body did for sure. I'm still sore from it. My leg was swollen and I was worried I fractured it, something I am all to familiar with, especially with two broken feet in the past two years. I didn't get to see his board, although I assume it was pretty bad. He flew down the hill after hitting me, and was gone as soon as I could almost say I was okay.

Here is a picture from further out.

post-692-141842243861_thumb.jpg