Note to New Members ×

Denver area riders, a dilemna?

AaronG

Hey all you Denver carvers, I am heading to Denver to spend Christmas with my sister, I depart here on the 12/21 and stay through 12/27. I am skiing with my sister on the 24 and the 25 but would like to snowboard while I am up there. The problem is I don't want to haul skis and snowboards with me and all the necessary gear to do both. What I would like to do is ship my snowboard boots and bindings up to my sisters's house and if one of you local Denver people would be so kind to let me rent/use one of their boards that would be awesome.

Maybe we can even go riding together?? I would like to meet some of the Denver carvers, if not on the hill maybe we can meet elsewhere just to have a brew or some other beverage.

If you can help a fellow carver out, send me an email through this site and I will contact you.

BTW, I am 6' 02" and weigh 190 so I would need something in the 170 range

Thanks for reading this,

Aaron Gerth

TVR, thanks for the info although I don't think we are going down to Silverthorn to ride so Fin is out of the equation. I am not sure if my sis will let me take her car to Boulder to pick up a board. That is why I was trying to find something local to use.

Big Mario, thanks for the offer, I truly appreciate it. Any chance that you will be up and riding around Christmas time?? I know reading from the boards that you took a trip off-piste and was banged up pretty bad. I sure would like to ride with some people that know the area, either at Lovy or A-basin

Aaron

I have a couple boards you could use. As far as where to ride, Other than loveland, Copper is the next closest, time wise, Silvethorne is pretty much on the way to A-basin, in which case you could hit keystone or breck, or copper.

Copper is about 15 min past Loveland.

You actually have to drive right by Keystone to get to abasin

Aaron - I have a slalom deck you could use but obviously it is shorter than what you spec'd.

Maybe we can even go riding together?? I would like to meet some of the Denver carvers, if not on the hill maybe we can meet elsewhere just to have a brew or some other beverage.

I will be at Lovey on the 22nd, 23rd and 25th. We should have a pretty big group on the 22nd and 23rd (4+ on plates and several on softies).

If you want (based on where Mario said you were staying) I could pick you up Saturday morning on my way to Mario's house. The only thing is we leave early, i.e. I would have to pick you up 5:30ish.

Let me or Mario know if you are interested.

Dustin