Note to New Members ×

Thermo liner for softies?? Michele

Bobby Buggs

I have that liner in my burton rulers. Works great. Its the liner deeluxe puts in their softboot models.

If you want a more precise shell/liner interface, check out Thirty Two boots. not positive on new models but last year, year before etc the mid and higher end models came with intuition liners.

Thing is he is only 9 and they wont fit him after this season so paying $100 + for boots for him is a total waste

arent the liners that much?

honestly, I got mine on ebay. I just searched the softboots for deeluxe, made sure they had the right liner, and paid I think $25 for boots/liners. Shells went in the trash. Liners STUNK when I got them due to mildew but a little vinegar in a spray bottle took care of that (works GREAT btw for removing stink from shoes, boots, etc. Just spray on and let dry. Foot smell AND vinegar smell fade away)

When I started riding, it was skiboot liners in Sorels. This year, I'm going to try putting the Intuition liners from my ThirtyTwo softies into my hardshells - it feels like a great big karmic full circle.

But in any case: Another thumbs up on running the soft boots with moldable liners. For those trawling ebay & craigslist, I think only the high-end ThirtyTwo liners are moldable - mine are the "Tm2" boot w/ the "Level 4" liner, and are marked "designed by Intuition / Genuine Ultralon foam"

:biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't ridden the Level 4, but I have ridden with Level 3 (Lashed, Broport) and Level 5 (Ultralight). The Ultralights are amazing, but very pricy (I got a great deal but was still leaning toward them anyway). I loved my Lasheds, which is why I moved from Northwave to 32. All are Intuition liners, so you can't really go too far wrong. If you're really unsure, start out with the best value (which appears to be the Level 3) and see how you like the fit. In a women's fit, the boot seem wider thru the toes than most which is perfect for me. Not sure about the men's fit. Definitely have them molded...they're ok without it, but it does make a huge differene. I've taken mine into local ski shops and used their "blower" to heat them up (abut 14 minutes will do it). Most will do it free of charge.

gray_on_tray, please check me on this, but last time I checked, the 32 Level 1 and Level 2 liners had laces on the liners, while the Level 3 and up and laces integrated into the inside of the boot shell. Because of that, if you're planning on moving the liner into another softboot, the Level 2 liner is probably the best.

I think you have it right. I'm actually all set, just offering an opinion on liners I've ridden. I had the alpine overlap Intuitions in my Northwaves and it worked very well without laces on the liners. Compared to my first pair of softies, which packed out a half size in less than a season, any boot with an Intuition liner gets my vote.

Anything wrong with the 32 boot shell? Am looking at the Lashed boot. Currently riding in some Burton Carbides, which have the inner lacing in the shell and not the liner. But these are starting to get kind of shabby as they are about 6 yrs old. Was looking at the 32's as a replacement. I think the Lashed might be a softer boot though.

Anything wrong with the 32 boot shell? Am looking at the Lashed boot. Currently riding in some Burton Carbides, which have the inner lacing in the shell and not the liner. But these are starting to get kind of shabby as they are about 6 yrs old. Was looking at the 32's as a replacement. I think the Lashed might be a softer boot though.
Lashed are ultrasoft... I would go with the Forecast (med stiff) or Team Two (med) at least.