Note to New Members ×

saturday night jiminy

paragonUE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you guys were going lastnight !

:lurk: I'da sat and watched, but ended up being exhausted anyway, so I wouldn't have had the leg strength to ride. Paragon, the guy you and Pow saw was Hanz. He was on a Vokel 177 rocking it out with some old school original trenchdiggers. I rode with him a few times in the past few years. He wears a blue coat and had some new boots for the season so he was a happy camper :)

I'm going there today also as I stayed overnight with some friends in Pitsfield.

I'll be playing the Lead pirate in the re-enactment of the icecapades show... ICE PIRATES today for sure...... good thing I have my hand tuner, cause my edges will be mashed like Yukon Gold 'taters after a few runs. I just hope the grooomers got the cordoroy down before it all froze..... willl still be nice if they did... I'll know in about an hour or so.

Bobby,

I will be out at Jiminy Wed, but probaly not untill around 4 pm as my friend has to work till 3, so it looks like if the weather holds, it will be either OK, or we will get more of this freezing rain/ sleet crappola.... will play it by ear.

Today was ice cordoroy and foggy. You could hear people at the sumit before you saw people at the baselodge.

I took on erun on the 180, then dove for the warmth of a nice table and a cup of coffee in the JJ's lounge.

Taught an international student (he is becomming an instructor for Jiminy YAY !) on the cricket, and it was all I could do to just remain standing.

Today culminated in the activity of " quick.. hide,,,, there is a level 3 PARK lesson!"

James picked the best spot.............

2004439568939535030_rs.jpg

spent the first 2 hours of the day manualy manhandling the 6 pack chairlift to de-ice it and run 65 chairs through on the pulley system....... 20 of us were whooped..... no energy to do anything, so we all took a nap and stayed dry.

Later this week it will be better once it gets all chewed up by the groomers.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Wednesday, December 12th Day #15 Operating hours 9 am - 10 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Surface Conditions: Machine Groomed Wet Snow

Average Base Depths: 36-60 inches

Temperature at time of report (6:30 am) : 39

I'm headded up for night time riding around 4:00 i it sux, ohwell, Just the softboard then, but I think it will be OK. it warmed up a bit, so it is not solid ice.

I called..........There is 5 inches of snow at the top, and it soffened up a bit :)

duddeeesss....

Mountain was super fast and slick tonight. Couldn't carve, but the mountain was owned for sure!

Smooth groomed trail bases.... Iced low profile cordoroy, will be awesome once a new top layer gets on it for laid out edge carving.

Less than 30 people there tonight from 6:00 on till 10 pm. Just rode flat, and ripped it up :)

I LOVE THE MOUNTAIN OPS SNOWMAKING CREW !

See some of you this weekend?

D.

Went up this mornin' with Cail (and friends). Was not exactly carveable... too soft and pillowy so we just strapped on SB gear and had fun tooling around in the bisquick.

Tomorrow should be A W E S O M E for carving however.

I plan on being there for first chair, and lower exhibition trail was the nicest place I saw today for laying edge in as it was not really abused.

Had fun. was nice just to pop out, suck up all the powpow the skiers missed and then back to home...

to just do it allover again tomorrow.

:1luvu:

2003268076181628974_rs.jpg

The e-coupons I believe are time sensetive. You have to wait till sunday at 12:01 am to ask for it if memory serves correctly. Just print it out the day of.

Sometimes the emails go to you SPAM or JUNKMAIL folder too. check to make sure you allow the posting to your mailbox from Jiminy.

See you guys tomorrw :)