Note to New Members ×

First day Sat Dec 8 - Sunshine

Allee

The approach road was interesting, lots of cars and buses skidding and sliding - AWD and snow tires were totally the go.

Hill was great for early season. Most of Goats Eye was open, but there's no facilities - the tent apparently burned down!! So no washrooms or shelter at GE, which is a PITA. But as a result ... deserted ... practiced my eurocarves on the far side of Sunshine Coast and had the entire run to myself (schweet!)

Good coverage on the main hill, Angel is only open on Green Run and one blue, mogulled up drop-off (Red 90?) which means that you have to do that uphill part on the green run ... all the black runs off the front of Angel/Teepee are still closed with rocks sticking up. Didn't ride Divide, having far too much fun bombing from Green Run down to the village through the freshies to bother.

Standish has powder everywhere - both Bartron and I got flipped on our backs today powering heelsides into piles of soft stuff ... fun. Wawa was good too, didn't get to do Tincan Alley (boo ... my favourite run) as it was closed for racing, but the rest of it was soft with good coverage.

Had a blast today, a little cool, but awesome first day!!