Note to New Members ×

Sugarloaf or Sunday River?

eastcoasticerider

I prefer sunday river, better lift system, generally longer runs for a single lift ride

Jack is gonna go on about the cat tracks but just stay off of Kansas as much as possible. yeah, at least they named it in such a way it was obviously flat.

if you wax your board this is not a issue.

I can go from Jordan to whitecap without having to take another lift ride which is nice if I'm in a hurry but a toeside for literally 3.5 miles is a bitch.

For full on easy carving the loaf might be better but I find that the way the trails are cut at SR much more challenging and rewarding.

the 'loaf is still one of the better places to ride in the east, when people who grew up riding ME go elsewhere in the east they are generally not all that impressed.

Sunday River owns the early season, their snowmaking is simply in another league, both in quantity and quality. And it's a good 45 minutes closer to Portland, so if all you have is a day, then that's a big factor.

Stick to two adjacent "peaks" like white cap and barker - the traverses are a nightmare.

Now, if you were asking where you should go for a mid or late season long weekend or week-long vacation, that answer is simple.

email me if you need some Portland tips.