Note to New Members ×

Burton R17 Addicted

D.T.

I have the 2004 65 boardercross shape. bought the first one from the factory store in Mass. for less than $300 as a Demo in 2004. Bought the second one from Klug riding .com last year and thrashed it over the rock bands in Chile this past august. Waiting to order my next one before x-mas. Three hard winters, and I always brought that board with me on every trip, as an easy carver/ all-mountain board. Soft flex in the nose, stiffens at the bindings all the way to the tail. If you like the stiffness of a Madd in the nose this 65 is not for you. Shred Grummer hated it, Shredder Jen loved it.... Burton made it only one year and I'm guessing the racers hated it...

I have no time on any of the other r17's..

post-520-14184224284_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...

I picked these up today, with the matching set of burton plates , looks like it was originally bought as a complete set, boards and bindings in 2004. boards are in very good condition, they both look to be very well made sandwich construction, burton was made in Austria, the Moss looks like it was/is made in Japan.