Note to New Members ×

New Trail at Sunapee.

EZE

They have created the North Peak Pass trail which now links the front of the mountain with the top of Cataract. You will have to tuck down the 2nd big headway of Westside but you should be able to gain enough speed to go up and over the pass.

We've got 5 to 6 inches on the ground right now and not supposed to stop until late afternoon, it's friggin' beautiful outside.

Do I go ride pow on flat trails today or do I go ride fresh cord Tuesday? Decisions Decisions, I think I'll take fast fresh cord tomorrow.

Trail count is supposed to be 20 something by next saturday.

EZE

Here is the Friend of Harpoon Offer at Mount Sunapee for the 2008 Ski Season.

Actually, there are 2 different deals here, so pay attention!

1. Midweek (non-holiday) full-price, full-day lift tickets are 50% off for Friends of Harpoon. Show your Friend of Harpoon card at Guest Services to receive this discount.

2. On Holidays and Weekends, Friends of Harpoon will get $15 Off a full-day, full-price ticket.

Some other info you should know.....

* these discounts cannot be applied in addition to any other discounted ticket promotions.

* A full-price full-day ticket prices are $64 weekends and holidays and $60 midweek.

* Holidays dates are listed as follows:

o Christmas/New Year's Week: 12/26/07-1/1/08

o MLK Day: 1/19/08 - 1/21/08

o President's Day Week: 2/16/08-2/22/08

IMPORTANT: You must show your Friend of Harpoon card at time of purchase to receive this discount.

Mount Sunapee was ranked for the second year in a row with the best snow surfaces in the East in the annual SKI Magazine reader survey. Mount Sunapee was ranked #1 in the East for grooming and #2 in the East for snow quality. Enjoy more than 1,500 vertical feet of skiing and snowboarding fun on 65 trails and 10 lifts only 90 minutes from Boston. Mount Sunapee is the big mountain with the best snow right in your backyard. So Friends, get out your skis and snowboards - it's time to hit the trails.

post-123-141842242809_thumb.jpg

I just ride the early am now, I was on at 8am and off by 10 and doing chores at home by 10:15. With the New Baby comes a New and Improved shorter leash for me. It's still snowing @ 12:30 and looks like 10 inches right now.

I only check email now from work so if you're going to be riding over the weekend put up a post here before end of business day Friday. Would've stayed longer if I had know there would be others yesterday. I didn't try the bowl as it was the first groom and I was just banging quads as fast as I could.

• 2 weeks later...