Note to New Members ×

UPZ red boots 28-28.5 in great shape $200

Guest aydx0001

Guest aydx0001

These boots were used two seasons and are in great shape. $200. I used them as step-ins so I still have the original, unused heel blocks installed now. The size is 28-28.5. These boots worked great and felt great on my wide feet (4E). Dan Yoja has these boots on sale for $300 but with limited sizes so save over new this season! The big thing on UPZ’s is the uniformity of stiffness across a wide range of temperatures, so you won’t have to make adjustments as it gets colder…normal boots stiffen up as temperatures drop. They also feature 5 twist adjustable buckles to fine-tune your fit as well as forward and rearward lean adjustment! Also, you'll be hardpressed to find boots that have better heel/toe clearance to help you avoid booting out on those extreme carves!

I’m leaving the snowboarding community so I am putting my gear up for sale.

I also have them up on eBay if you'd like a more automated, official style transaction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300178414979&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=020

post-1145-141842242804_thumb.jpg

I think 200 is a fair price, If i was in the market for boots and they were my size id definately pay that. We're a bunch of cheapos, why do you think everyone one has a pile of used gear? Hey man this is alpine, it rare and hard to find, so its worth less!!! :lol:

why are you leaving the sport?

Guest aydx0001

Yeah, heart broken with the splintered wood from my trusty little hooky F2 board. So I am going to try skiing like I used to board...here's a pic of my buddy that got me into leaning WAY over in the first place. I got a $225 pair of Salomon Streetracer 8's with RADICAL shape for leaned over carving...they're ~127/66/105. I had a pair of ski boots that I bought when I got my first TD1's and no idea where to buy alpine board boots in Minnesota so all the board gear can go as I make the switch (successfully I hope!) to skiing.

post-1145-141842242861_thumb.jpg

Yeah, heart broken with the splintered wood from my trusty little hooky F2 board. So I am going to try skiing like I used to board...here's a pic of my buddy that got me into leaning WAY over in the first place. I got a $225 pair of Salomon Streetracer 8's with RADICAL shape for leaned over carving...they're ~127/66/105. I had a pair of ski boots that I bought when I got my first TD1's and no idea where to buy alpine board boots in Minnesota so all the board gear can go as I make the switch (successfully I hope!) to skiing.

Have you recently had some sort of head trauma? Are you going to buy a frickin' powder blue Prius? Is someone PAYING you to do this? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Guest aydx0001

No head trauma, guess I just wanna keep going down hills fast and making crazy turns and skiing just worked out cheaper for me. Here's the facts: selling the back-up board paid for the skis, and now the boots/bindings being sold is just cash back in the pocket. Additionally, I predict it'll be easier and sooner that I'll be able to teach my daughter to ski than to board as it's WAAAAY easier to learn to ski than to board. And when she's into it, Daddy gets to go more frequently even though Mom doesn't do any winter sport...Momma happy when Dad & daughter bond! That's why she'll also learn to shoot trap & plink targets with me, too. Actual interest is up to her but the encouragement will be there! :cool:

Guest aydx0001

Thank god for Al Gore inventing eBay! The boots and bindings are now both sold...the SnowPRO RACE step-in bindings sold for $100 and the boots sold for $200...so 50% retention of new sale price in about 2.5 years. Let's see ski equipment do that! Heck almost no sport other than rock climbing does so well.

Guest Aspen Carver

aydx0001,

I bought your boots from your Ebay auction, and I know it takes Paypal a few days to clear the transaction, so I will anxiously await their arrival. The boots look like they are in great shape, and I promise that I will put them to good use. Let me know if there are any little idiosyncracies that I need to know about the boots.

See you on the board.

Mark

Congrats on getting a solid pair of boots. Al Gore Would be proud. For me, the original liner kind of ate away at my shin. Getting a booster strap turned out to be a good idea for me, as well as some moldable liners. That was my only problem with them. Otherwise, they kick ass!

Guest aydx0001

Actually, you probably won't, I'm now fully divested of my snowboarding equipment so my return to the forum is unlikely. BUT, I do wish you the best of luck in a great sport! It's one that has a ton of passionate practitioners, many of whom that can be accessed here. No quirks that I can think of although due to my thin ankles I had some shin issues also on particularaly long days. These were rectified with heel lifters that fill up the boot in front of and on top of the ankle, thus limiting movement of the shin against the liner. Good, thin (smart)wool socks helped too. If you find you have shin issues take them to a boot fitter in your area (CO must have many!) and they can go to work either adjusting the boot for you or installing shims, moldable foot beds, etc. to make your experience great. You may find they work perfect in stock form as you will receive them shortly! Such is the world of hard shelled boots! I know you won't find a more compliant, adjustable boot for the money anywhere from anyone. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of them!

Guest aydx0001

Gliders so you put the hands down without losing speed. It's a leverage thing, like with motorcyclists putting a knee down in the corners, so to slide freely, leather race suits have nylon knee pucks that glide over the pavement rather than stick to it.

He made his out of wood trowel handles attached to sections of an orange push shovel...I made a nicer looking version that isn't directional so you can get the same effect any which way your hand/body is oriented. A friend of mine said I should market them, but I always figured nobody would be interested...if people are, I could start manufacturing and selling them for you!