Note to New Members ×

Has anyone tried a Ripstik?

Phil

I always thought these things looked corny. Yesterday I had the opportunity to ride one in a big open space and I really liked it.

It seems to me that it would be a great training tool for short radius turns. Specifically, it teaches independent leg movement that many people seem to have a hard time learning. It also teaches use of ankles that we, as hardbooters, could really use.

Has anyone else had experience with these?

ripstik_dlx_lg.jpg

I have one. I wouldn't use it to get anywhere, but I keep it in the basement so after work I can grab a beer and spend an hour or so just dickin around in the basement with it. I've gotten to the point where I can drink (draft beer, in a mug) while riding. Riding it is just kinda second nature. It's kind of suprising to be riding around with a beer and to get off and start walking and think, "I'm kinda drunk..."

uh my kids have one yeah that's it. my wife bought that excuse anyway:lol: My oldest can ride it better than I can so that helps maintain my cover:biggthump

lots of fun just don't ride it down a hill of any significance without notifying next of kin first:eek: