Note to New Members ×

PDX or hood meetup?

dshack

Ha Ha, we got Quentin at Bachelor! The guy absolutely ripped it up on his first day. :biggthump We'll put a ride report up on the Bachelor thread.

Well done!!! Quentin has yet to learn how lucky he was :eplus2:

Quentin, you could not have been around better folks on your first day!!

You are a lucky man :biggthump

Bryan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GQuentin

You right Bryan,

For my first day, I can't think of a better scenario. I wasn't expecting to see anyone, and here is a frekin mini OES. Don, Etsu, Rebecca and Buell; I can't thank you enough. What a perfect day. I can't wait to meet the rest of the OR crew :lol:

I am glad you had a great first day! It will only get better from here on out.

Sounds like you took to it big time!!

Side note, there are also a couple other alpine rippers in Eugene. Erik of OR Carve (original carving session in Oregon) and Shane G. , big, strong, ripper that just came back to alpine a year or so ago after an extended break. I think there are a couple more too that I can't think of at the moment. Any who, you are surrounded by great people that carve great!!

Enjoy, Bryan

Hey heres the update from Thrusday .... Met up with Bryan at 930 although he was there for first chair at 845. Had pretty nice conditions on Shooting Star ridge and rode many runs over there. Finally found David (dshack) and his friend and did some nice posse riding all over the the mountian (jibbers beware!) Got some good photos of everyone and will post up the pictures later as I am working right now (check that IR dept!) . The light was a little flat but got Hood in the background !!!

Get Urr powder boards ready everyone as we getting 3-5 feet by the end of next week ..... :biggthump

Jim

Thanks for the update Jim! I have been pleasantly surprised by how well the groomers have held up. I don't recall riding good grippy snow 4-5 days after the last fresh snow (not at Mt Hood anyway). Finally got to meet the young man known as DShack!! Nice job Dave!! Nice clean carving indeed! You have put together a really nice carving set up on a college kids budget too! Your research has paid off. Let's see if we can get a more appropriate Avatar up for you? :biggthump It is a little bit hard to take to think you could carve for another 31 years before you reach my age!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! You might be really good by then :eplus2::1luvu: Now I am JEALOUS!! Great day! Thanks, Bryan

POW here we come!!

Had a great time with Jim and Bryan- Trying to follow their lines and watch their form was great for learning, and it was nice to put faces with names. Loving my Madd (thanks cfj); it seems like the perfect board for my weight. The community here made it possible for me to hook up a great carving setup and still have money to eat.

Look forward to riding with y'all again.