Note to New Members ×

Crystal Mountain

knoch

I'll be up at Crystal mountain probably from the 26th or 27th of December through the 3rd of January. Just curious who will be out there at the same time, and if anyone is planning on attending or maybe even submitting a film to the Teddy Knape film fest. Let me know if you'll be out there.

This saturday I'll be out there. I'll be with a couple kids and another woman as far as I know. All three skiers, one loves to get low. I'll take the video camera with, but I have a feeling it's gonna stay in the truck for the duration unless it's needed. I'll be the one in the bright green jacket and black pants riding one of three boards; a rossi budweiser board with soft boots, a rossi xvas with hard or a nitro supercarve sl with hardboots. See ya out there.

Well, I saw at least one other hb there. Had a pleasant chat. He had a coiler, catek SIs and raichle boots. I know I saw another alpine board there, but I wasn't really paying attention, so I don't know if it was the same guy. The bindings looked I think sno-pro-esque.. Wasn't sure of the make.

Anyways, given how many people were there, it was suprisingly easy to board. The conditions... Oh the conditions... Despite the flat light the conditions were pretty awesome. There aren't really any words for the conditions, but there are a series of sounds that I'm not really comfortable repeating in mixed company.

So I'm glad I went.

Gonna be there again Saturday. Gonna try to be there on sunday too, but we'll see, depends on how much crap that I should do instead of go boarding.

Again, I'll be bringing the camera, and I'll probably bring the cheap speedometer if anybody wants to get clocked.

I will be riding at crystal tomorrow for the fresh groom on buck!

They have the whole front side open ....i hear loki and thor were rather choppy today although buck was nice ..stay away from the edges.

I did see a hardbooter in a green jacket there last weekend. I was rideing my 63 E-Deck with burton plates and raichle 324's. Just got td-1's in the mail today with rear step in and put them on my oxygen asym for a test run. I will likely switch the diggers to a different board after a few runs.

I have a season pass...and plan for the fresh groom every weekend!

Tim

You saw me Clebner. And you saw me again yesterday (obviously :)). I'll be there again today cause I'm feelin pretty good this morning. Last night I spent more than an hour fine tuning my board. Edges are at 1 and 2 now, gonna put on some cold wax and my bindings are cranked up to about 60 and 55.

Towards the end of last night I was boardin with a 15 year old skier on race tigers. Dang those things turn... But I turned more.:D On the last run I thought I'd make it count. So there I was... headin down cheers... Made a hard heelside... I swear, my hip was no more than a foot of the snow. It was just plain awesome. I'm really gettin that reach on my toesides and that's helpin alot. I'm taking my trailing hand and basically reaching for where I want my turn to take me. And it's takin me there.

I'll see ya there if anybody else is goin. Later.

Just as a warning, I don't really have any plans for tomorrow... So that means I'll probably be at Crystal. I imagine I'll be there by noon and hopefully I'll be able to last till closing time. Don't know if I'll have company or not, don't really care either, as long as I can ride.