Note to New Members ×

Big Zigs MMMMMM Good

Chubz

Just wanted to say that I finally got to try out my new Lime Big Zigs yesterday that I have had for nearly two weeks, but its been raining and snowing here in PA.

I did a few straight .75 mile downwhills with them and could feel how they differ from Gumballs. They didnt seem any faster with and felt more rigid, but I found a section of parking lot next to a football stadium that had some nice tight corners to practice hugging turns.

To my suprise, I started off mid hill and they gripped thru both toe and heelside turns. 3/4 up the hill, hugged the turns again. Top of the hill, they once again hugged with no sign of letting loose. I knew if I was on my gumballs, they would have lost grip. Last few runs, I did some heavy pushing at the top with tuck into the turns and sure enough, they held.

Just got back into skating this summer after 20 year hiatus and mainly focusing on staight downhilling because thats all we have here, but it was a thrill to hit into some tight turns doing about 25 and have the wheels stick. Very cool sensation. Reminded me of when I first started hooking up turns alpining.

I cant wait to try some other wheels in the spring to see how others behve in cornering.

Greg

the Lime Reflex Thane is very nice...I love all my lime Zigs except for the fact that it wears a bit fast (strangely the Fishballs don't wear fast at all). Don't discount Seismic/3dm wheels though, they aren't as fast or as sticky in perfect conditions but the out perform Reflex wheels when conditions aren't optimal (like the wet)....besides it's fun to have a box of wheels