Note to New Members ×

What model is this board ?!

Louis

Okay guys, I'm a bit ashamed of not knowing the model of my board.. But I cant find it on internet.. I know I got it about 5-6 years ago.. At the burton factory (in burlington i think) they were saying it was the last year they were producing race board..

I'd need to know what are the fixation too, any ideas ?

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

My guess would be a Speed as well. They were the last alpine boards Burton made outside of the R-17's for Japan, and if the pearl topsheet from the top pic goes halfway up the board and chops off on an angle, that's a dead giveaway.

Yup it cuts off a little bit before middle of the board, going in an angle... Was that a good board for the time ? I always thought I had been scammed by burton.. (was VERY pricey)

Ya its definitely the SPEED. Similar to factory Prime jsut new name and weird top sheet that tends to peel off starting at the back. I rode these boards in a 154 SL and a 178 GS. Snapped 2 of the SLALOM Sticks and that sucked because they had a really cool blood splatter design on the Top Sheet. Loved the boards I think I just might have gotten a bad batch or I just over powered them. They arent too stiff either.`It says they have a normal A-typical progressive flex but imho its more of an abrupt change... From really soft above the front binding and quite stiff in the tail.

...and play hard core metal to it :eplus2: It should continue to be a fairly workable board up to a modest ability level. Raceboarder is correct though, there is generally a soft spot in the flex just forward of the front binding and if you really lay into the board and get your weight forward you can fold the nose and go over the front. I did it many times on an earlier generation Factory Prime and I have watched others do it.