Note to New Members ×

Softest boots? 3 straps?

DiveBomber

Im my experiments to find the perfext BX set up, Im thinking about the softest hard boots possible, So i can get HB responce with SB flexibility, so i can run higher angles than SB, but "float" better, the reculat HB's.

Maybe even cut the top of a HB off and try and move the top strap lower.

Seeing as Damian Sander road with the top strap loose..

does anyone have and thing I might try? I wear 29.5 in my heads, my shoe size is 12.5, dont know if burtons might be different.

Klug has some earths that would fit the bill but you'd be better off riding softboots 95% of the time in BX

some people can do it but it's hard and while if you're one of the people that can do it that's great but if you're a mere mortal softboots are easier.

it's like trying to run a swallow tail pow stick on a tight SL course, it can be done but there is a better tool for the job.

I ride older Raichle 123's they have 3 buckles, a soft tongue & lateral flex release on both sides of the cuff. They have older intec heels ( I love stepins ). I rode them w/burton ratraps witch are even flexier than intecs. almost as flexy as stiff softies but carve better & more convienent. Highly recomended for allmountain & switch carving:biggthump

I have the same boots with rat-traps now. They work pretty good. I think with the soft boot though, a stiffer interface between boot and board would be more desireable. I think the boot is flexy enough as it is, especially if you put a RAB or bomber's version of the RAB (I feel so stupid for not being able to think of the name right now) with some soft (blue I believe) springs on them.