Note to New Members ×

Instructions for Burton Furnace boots

drzrm

Hey guys,

I was just feeling things out in the living room in my NOS Burton Furnaces, and I'm not sure how to adjust the walk/lean spring in the heel. I know it's "open" to "walk" and snapped shut to ride, but when closed the mechanism snaps into place but then still flexes forward what feels like too much (goes fron the 10 deg to ~25 deg without weighing too much into the boots). I see a spring and two nuts in there, I assume I'm tightening the bottom one, but I just wanted to check before I start wrenching. Is there a stiffer spring that was once available on this. There is also an allen nut head on the inside of the ankle that says flex/cant, that's not adjustable from there is it?

I weigh 220-225, so I know I'll be flexing them, I just what to know how to tighten things up some.

adjusts the flex

I'd ride it soft as you can get it unless you're on a big tank of a board like sims burner 197 or something. I was riding mine as loose as they'd go most of the time unless I was on very demanding long boards.

I weigh 260 so I think you'll be alright.

Also, the back has three or more holes that are all different amounts of forward lean, those can be fine tuned with one of the nuts.

the one on the side changes your cuff alignment, don't mess with that unless you feel you need to.