Note to New Members ×

Blue Mountain personal snow report

skategoat

Overall, it wasn't too bad. Loose granular and broken ice turning to slush by the afternoon. On the steeper runs, there were nasty ice patches under the loose stuff. Occasional bare spots, the odd loose rock. The busy runs were all mashed potatoes by noon.

The further north I went, the worse the conditions. I guess they focus the grooming and snow making on the south end. The best snow by far was L-Hill but the L-Hill chair was closed so it was only accessible halfway down.

Not quite rock-board conditions but I wouldn't bring out the brand new Coiler.

I'd say another 2 weeks of decent riding.

Just had to voice my opinion. I'd take blue 'anyday' over CB or JF / BB (I don't own a pair of ice scates). What is wrong with Paradise, Sidewinder,Switchback and Lazy Mile??

JMO--------------jp

Have to agree with JP. Blue (in PA) is decent, at least for Pocono’s standards. (Blue is my home mtn, so I might be a little biased.) Supposedly they started making snow last night and will try to continue until Saturday. Will have to check it out for myself this weekend. (I find Paradise & Razor fun carving runs) From my experience conditions are usually a little better at Blue than CB or JF/BB. (Haven’t made the trip to Elk yet) Weekend crowds are horrible at CB. My 2 cents. Jesse