Note to New Members ×

basic questions about palmer PLS

Guest AllMountain

Guest AllMountain

i've never seen palmer PLS up close, only photos.

i have a couple of questions about the PLS "shock" and "super":

(1) is there is direct metal contact with your board, which might gouge the top sheet?

(2) are they generally compatible with most or all bindings?

(3) the main contact between the binding and the PLS is a small circular area. it seems that this would cause soft bindings to flex a whole lot more than a normal installation, where the bindings' heels and toes make contact with the board. do different bindings behave differently when mounted on a palmer PLS? is a certain type of binding construction to be preferred, e.g. plastic vs. metal? might the added stresses break a plastic binding?

they are compatible with most bindings, some step in model won't work but those 900s of yours will.

no metal contact but like most binding there is plastic and rubber contact that scratches up your board just as much as a metal binding would.

the palmers do soften up the ride a little but not a huge amount.

Guest AllMountain
they are compatible with most bindings, some step in model won't work but those 900s of yours will.

i'm thinking about these for my son, who rides an old set of K2 clicker high-back step-in bindings and compatible boots. they're a metal binding (steel, i'd guess). with the heel and toe unsupported, it seems to me that you might flex and deform the bindings.

does anyone have any experience with the palmer PLS and clicker high-back step-ins?