Note to New Members ×

Lotatimmy

Guest jeffrey1knee

Guest jeffrey1knee

I talked to LT for a few minutes today... from the hospital. Apparently he's been there since last Friday, I believe he said. He was skating a hill with another guy and was hit by a car. He seemed in good spirits and sounds like he would be released tonight possibly... hopefully Tim will be able to tell us the story soon.

Tim is a pretty cautious guy when I've ridden with him. This goes to show that you really have to be on the lookout if you're skating - don't let your guard down.

Anyway, just thought you guys may want to know. There's more info and some pics here.. eurowerks.org

Wishing you the best, Tim.

Guest lotatimmy

Thanks for your thoughts guys. yes it does suck a LOT. But, smile about this... I got in a scuffle with a car, and the car got towed away... too! HAHA.

I had a 'minor' head injury, a broken thumb, a broken big toe, and a nice shiner! It'll take a little while to get back to the grind stone. But thanks to all sorts of caring friends like you, it's been a 'downhill' struggle ;-).

Thanks guys!

actually, I've gotten some letters from some, haha!

isn't that amazing? real ambulance chasers!

they pull police reports to get your contact info. last i remember police reports aren't cheap. probably sending letters to driver of the suv too.

i'm curious, did you get ticketed for longboarding?

Guest lotatimmy
isn't that amazing? real ambulance chasers!

they pull police reports to get your contact info. last i remember police reports aren't cheap. probably sending letters to driver of the suv too.

i'm curious, did you get ticketed for longboarding?

I got a call from the case investigator yesterday... he was really suprised that I answered, as it was going around the dept (and with the kid that hit me, and his mom) that I died! So, that is crazy in itself! No tickets or any incling that we were in the wrong. The officer was asking me if there was any other 'wrong doing" I knew of. I responded with "besides the dude being on the wrong side of the road..." As far as forseeing any issues, I don't. Officials have driven by us on this road before, have said nothing, and have given us the thumbs up. I don't see any issue with the legality of longboarding.

I got a call from the case investigator yesterday... he was really suprised that I answered, as it was going around the dept (and with the kid that hit me, and his mom) that I died! So, that is crazy in itself! No tickets or any incling that we were in the wrong. The officer was asking me if there was any other 'wrong doing" I knew of. I responded with "besides the dude being on the wrong side of the road..." As far as forseeing any issues, I don't. Officials have driven by us on this road before, have said nothing, and have given us the thumbs up. I don't see any issue with the legality of longboarding.

why would they think you died? were you unconcious after the accident?

i'm sure they'll be relieved to know you are among the living.

i think the worst part of any accident is the mental trauma... reliving the moment can almost be as bad as the physical injury.

Guest lotatimmy

after the accident, from the skull fracture, I wasn't all too coherent. Also because of this, I don't remember the accident itself. From what I've been told, the car got pretty messed up, enough to have to be towed away! So, I'm ENTIRELY happy to be alive to say that I kicked the sh!t out of a car!

after the accident, from the skull fracture, I wasn't all too coherent. Also because of this, I don't remember the accident itself. From what I've been told, the car got pretty messed up, enough to have to be towed away! So, I'm ENTIRELY happy to be alive to say that I kicked the sh!t out of a car!

wow!!! were you wearing a helmet?

doctor say whether you'll be ready for board season?

Guest lotatimmy
wow!!! were you wearing a helmet?

doctor say whether you'll be ready for board season?

no helmet, and I'm gonna avoid longboarding until next spring... maybe!

Interesting though, that I posted a request for helmet info the same day I had the accident (on the http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52769 forums)

Ride safe guys!

Guest jeffrey1knee

maybe you should consider a screen name change from lotatimmy to luckytimmy;) sounds like it could have been much much much worse.

hope it's a speedy recovery... i've been craving to carve but haven't been able (effectively and without pain) for roughly a month now.., the back issue (doc says the tendons are pulled away from bone in the lower back / upper ace) is still with me and now my knee is acting up since I can't bend over at all and am having to use my knees all too much.

could always be worse though, right?

Here is what happened.

Picture001.jpg

Broken Thumb

Picture003.jpg

Broken Toe

+ messed up ribs, skull, chipped vertebrae, messed up collar bone.

But, I'm alive... which I'm happy about!

i broke a bone in my foot skateboarding when i was 15 yr old. its the bone thats before the runs along the side of the foot leading up the the small toe. i jumped off my board and landed wrong. they put me in a leg cast. when the doctor put me in a leg cast my foot wasn't at a 90 degree angle. my calf atrophied that way. when they removed the cast it took a long time before i could walk normally. i was walking toe-to-heel. it hurt like a hot burning coal under the skin.

broken toe... thats minor. i think i'd be more concerned about the skull and back injury. it looks like you might miss the season.

that sucks. sue the kid and get halo 3.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lotatimmy

I'm not done longboarding... well maybe for this year.

(subtract the cars)

I'll be getting into shape for snowboarding once the pins are out and I can walk again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lotatimmy

Thumb cast is off, pins in toe are removed so I don't have to wear the boot anymore. To anyone else that'll ever have pins to hold broken bones together, don't worry they come out REALLY easily! Now the hard part is learning to walk/play halo again!

i broke my foot when i was a freshmen in high school. i was on a skateboard trying to jump off a neighbors step. landed on myfoot and felt it snap.

i remember how GREAT it felt to take off the cast. spent an hour scratching my leg. my leg had atrophied. i walked with a limp for a very long time.