Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek South for snowboarders

jtslalom

The rumor that I have been hearing from many different sources is that the south mountain at Mountain Creek will host all the snowboard parks at the resort. They will no longer be at north. The thinking is to move the younger snowboard crowd away from the new hotel and down to the south resort. Ofcourse this will ruin riding at south but will also open up some good trails at north where the parks used to be. I also heard ski racing will be moved to Devils Bit on Granite Mountain. Remember, these are just rumors

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting - I've heard a little about this too. It will be interesting to see how the hill changes. I look forward to it, I think.

The park is usually great for carving and playing in on off-snow days. Everything but the jumps and terrain features usually remain untouched, IOW good snow between the hits.

There was one year, about 1999 or 2000 where South had a few top to bottom terrain runs. The jumps were so well made, perfectly shaped & spaced. It was one of the best terrain parks I've been in. Nothing huge but really well made. LOTS of fun. The guy that built that park is out west now, I can't imagine it would be the same experience - but you never know.

I look forward to seeing you again this year JT.

I guess I'm wrong in saying that it will ruin riding at south because of all the good snow between hits. Since I've been riding soft boots the last two years I have been riding the park and hitting smaller hits. Its funny pulling methods and rocket airs, kids look at me like I'm prehistoric but its the turning in between the hits that really feels good. I do hope that the jumping jack park is built. The hits were perfect, not to big or small. See you all there.

• 4 weeks later...

Been talking to one of the terrain designers for south. He's a great rider with lots of ideas. I hope the ideas come to fruition.

North should be a ton o' fun, too. I hope Zero G gets more attention than in the past, snow and grooming wise. When that trail is blown and groomed it is ON! Wide, great pitch, ooooooeeeee!

Eric and all others this may affect,

Zero G is the new racing trail. It will no longer be open to the public. I've heard this many times over from both racers and race staff. It kind of sucks but to answer your concern, I'm sure it will be maintained alot better than in years past.