Note to New Members ×

Open Invitation for BC Lower Mainland Carvers

crucible

Now that the local ski hills have stopped lift operations for the 06-07 season, I know that many of you are looking at storage prep and waxing for your boards....

FEAR NOT my carving brothers, you don't have to put them all away just yet... keep yer rock board out and join me for a backcountry snowboarding sessions in MAY.

I have been backcountry riding the North Shore mountains for the past 18 years, and can show anyone who is interested rideable terrain just out of bounds on Cypress, Grouse, and Seymour mountains. You need to be fit enough to carry your deck and around 20-25 lbs of safety gear for 6-8 hours, but you'll carve spring corn that you never knew existed... :biggthump

George

Hey George, I could make other excuses, but the truth is that I'm not fit enough for 8 hours hike in the spring slush :(

70% of my boards are summerized and stored away. I might do another Whistler, and that's about it... Sailing/fishing season already started.

Boris

Spring Pass Details

Renew your five or ten day edge card for next season and get spring pass unlimited from Apr 01 to end of season ( June) for 99 bucks, open to BC and Washington state residents only.

Boris will put a more detailed report in your cypress thread later in day when more time

Dave*

George,

6 to 8 hours hike uphill in the snow?:rolleyes:, I will die. The season is over for me. I did my last at Whistler last Saturday with my manager from Toronto. I'm very sure I saw Dave doing EC while I was riding the Big Red. That full face orange helmet is an icon. It shines from a distance.

ruwi