Note to New Members ×

Raichle 323 forward lean

Topi

I just recently bought a used Raichle 323 and I am not sure how to adjust the forward lean. there is a lever on the back of boot and appears to have two settings.

1.the lever points up, where it locks into a forward angle

2.the lever points down, where it doesn't lock into any position and it allows movement.

the question is: do I ride it only in settings 1(the locked position) and settings 2 is the walk mode?

thanks

Thanks OCD,

I think you are correct about just having the one position. I rode with the lock position but it was very hard when the slopes are bumpy so I unlucked it then it was pretty good. Is that OK to do?

My Raichle's (324?) allow me to rotate the knob 90 degrees and that allows flexibility in the #1-3 position. I discover if I lock the boots into a low number preset position I get excessive quad burn. For the most part I just leave both tabs in the down (walk) position and find that it works pretty well. Bear in mind my quads are 57 years old and you may be better able to handle the muscle stress. Another word of caution - sometimes the tabs will flip up of their own volition and you're locked in without realizing it.

I do a little racing on the board with the tabs in the walk position. Maybe the more experienced racers out there can tell me if I should be locking in (and at what setting) for races.

Much obliged,

Pat Moore

Guest g1ngerrevolution

Jim,

I ride completely the opposite; front foot unlocked, front locked. I find I get cramp in my front leg otherwise :(

I'm also playing with both unlocked.

I'm assuming it's purely personal preference and how you interact with your board.

gr

Guest g1ngerrevolution

It actually hurts on the inside of my leading leg's groin (muscular). It was suggested I try riding without the front boot locked, and lo, it came to pass that the pain went by the by.