Note to New Members ×

Wow, first hard boot run.

martyagt4

Here at Killington this weekend. Left Friday afternoon at 3.50 pm, here at K-Mart at 3 in the morning. Slept in the lot for a few hours.

Spent the first few hours on my soft setup since it had been over a month since I had rode. Tired and bored I decided to mount up the plates and ride.

Too many people and too chopped up for my first time out, but I did manage to get proof of concept. Only took one run, I was so beat that even carrying my board was a workout.

It'll take a while. Such a change from soft boots. So used to bending at the ankles, and I thought I'd kill myself just skating around. I do know that my boots hurt too much, and I hate Deeluxe buckles now.

I may give it a shot again in the morning, but I'm here to have one last hoooray, not learn all over again.

RULE # 1: When tired, don't ride. You take a greater chence of really messing yourself up by being lazy with your edges, or sloppy with transitions.Carving takes way more energy than just riding a sloppy softy in my exp....

Glad you are having fun though, I have a friend who was at Killi today also, but a skier.