Note to New Members ×

Surf-Rodz

djtrussny

Has anyone seen these before? The reason for the review is their skate decks but if you scroll to the bottom there is two decks, one with soft-boot bindings? They never call it an alpine board though. Regardless, they look very sexy.

First link gives you a look at the boards and what their about.

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/articles/press-releases-%26-retail-news/fresh-powder-and-crisp-bamboo%3a--surf%11rodz/

Second is the company site.

http://www.surf-rodz.com/a.php?section=snow&start=1

post-3099-14184223216_thumb.jpg

I thought these had been discussed before but can't find the thread. tons of taper. The people I have talked to about the boards said they still need a lot of work. experimental shapes. They have 2 alpine shapes that I have seen. Startingate had some of their boards for a while...heard they were going to demo them but it never happenned. I know ECES last year they were there (but I wasn't)

there's a few for sale on ebay if anyone wants to take a gamble...

edit: yes, those are cateks

I got a chance to Demo one of the alpine shapes at the ECES, Think taper. like "Burton Fish" taper. Makes a great big mountain, high speed powder board. This could very well be the next "Madd" snowboard company, ie., radical design, limited production, off-site manufacturing(still made in the USA though).. For carving, its a different shape than most everything current. If your looking for unique, these are for you.

i've talked to the owner of the company, they're based in CT.. They've got a couple areospace engineers working with them on their composite constructions, which impressed me..

very friendly guys, email them if you're interested.. they responded quickly to me with some info, previews, etc.