Note to New Members ×

Secret Burton boards?

dshack

If you check out their "Series 13" website, the one where you can customize a board, you'll find a Maolo X, a Fish X, and some interesting-looking freeride boards. I like the idea of a premium-materials Fish with a wood topsheet, though they're asking a pretty penny for it. Series13.com

I like the idea of a premium-materials Fish with a wood topsheet, though they're asking a pretty penny for it. Series13.com

You should look into getting an Arbor, they are very good boards. Way better than Burton in my opinion and they have real wood top sheets not that fake graphics look that others try to reproduce. The Abacus it their powder board and comes with a sweet burled eucalyptus top sheet. As an Arbor owner I really hate seeing fake wood top sheets, I just think they look cheesy :AR15firin

Fake wood bad real wood good!

post-831-141842230743_thumb.jpg

post-831-141842230746_thumb.jpg

post-831-141842230747_thumb.jpg

Guest sandarapark

i think i'll be seeing these kind of burtons next season from the rich-kid-gangsta-posers on my local hill...

on the other hand, if they do get these boards then they might be more careful in the liftlines not to stp on other peoples stuff so as not to scratch and damage their boards...hmmm it sounds like vengeance comming...:eplus2:

Guest sandarapark

hey, i have never seen those insert patern on the fish....what kind of binding bould fit that?

is there any significant reason to why it's like that?

for softbooters a two hole patern works great, a couple people I know one of which works for burton and has ridden the hell out of his deck with no problems with it so far, the guy is a super sick rider too so he's not some Joe Blow that says it works but only puts in two days a year.

I'm sure it performs great almost all of the time. I'm also sure that on the rare occasion there's a quality control problem with the inserts on the board, you'll wish you had those two other ones to fall back on.

Plus you have to ride burton bindings....in softboots, I like me some nideckers or salomons, personally.

I keep feeling like Burton does something good, then gives it up. The mission GT with the little wing, the P1 carbon, the torque, the alpine boards and boots-seems like they keep abandoning IMHO pretty good-quality freeride and carving gear. I tried a friend's C60's and found them super light but pretty giving laterally. I've heard the T6 is fun, though, and a friend told me riding a vapor with some C02's on it is like having nothing on your feet.