Note to New Members ×

Biggest helmet made?

zoltan

Nice. I love that movie...

"You went over my helmet?"

"No, no, not exactly over it... More like... to the side..."

(It's sad, I know, but I can tell with exact certainty that's the area of the movie that screenshot is from...)

Anyways, I know Smith makes some fairly large helmets. Has he tried taking the extra padding and stuff out?

Leedom makes 3XL helmets for people with 64cm watermelons. Boeri makes a 3XL in some of their models, but they only go to 63cm.

BTW... Is this one of those "my buddy has a problem" questions where your buddy is really you? ;)

I wear a 2XL and I know this guy with a gargantuan melon that needed a helmet one time. He wore my XC MTB helmet and it looked like a yamika. Oh, how I wish that I had a camera.

BTW... Is this one of those "my buddy has a problem" questions where your buddy is really you? ;)

So, what are you trying to say? Are you trying to tell me that I have bobblehead like proportions? That you still wonder how my frame can that massive weight? That you should have told me to forget andulating my body and just angulate my head? Is that what you're trying to say?

Giro has a XXL
I have an old one in that size that barely fits my 62 cm noggin - mind you, mine is a narrow oval shape that's hard to fit. Their newer adjustable sizing (xl to xxl, I think they say) is a little bigger and fits more shapes, because it's the bicycle style adjustable harness inside the shell thing.

Guest needanswer

Just want to say that going by diameter is not good enough

Helmets are oval; it's longer from fore head to back of the head than ear to ear.

some brands are more oval, others are more round even though they measure the same all around.

if your friend's head is more round, it will take a larger size oval helmet to fit ear to ear than a rounder helmet, and there'll be more gap at the forehead.

they should have better measuring system, like pants (length + width)

or shoes (size + width).

Helmets should come in different widths for those of us with more in between the ears.