Note to New Members ×

grinding when clipping into my TD2's

Fastskiguy

I presume they're step-ins -- did you use a file or sand paper to polish the intec pins? Seems to have made my experience smoother..

Yeah, step ins, I'll try to smooth them a little bit too. I think they feel OK but a little different than I expected. Will the ramps get polished and "harder" with use?

I have found that these aluminium heel pieces last bout one season max :mad:

But i'm working with alternative solution, almost there :eek:

Well that would be OK I guess. On our short local hill we can get over 50 runs in a day in....last week was 100 runs...so it might need periodic replacement. I can live with that.

I still think that Fin should look at F2 intec recievers, and maybe use stainless/teflon coated or something. The aluminum definitely wears out pretty fast.

but...definitely grease em up. I had some synthetic grease I used to use and liked it, now I use BB...kinda liked the old stuff better.

I second (or third, or fourth. Whatever it takes) the use of Bomber Butter or similar lube. Makes a huge difference even if only done once a day. Sounds like your shorter elevation drop has you doing a lot more in and out that I do, but it should still make a difference. Maybe even give it a second dab at lunch break. No need to overload them. Just a thin layer does it.

One thought on replacing the heel block if they get that worn...

Since your front foot isn't in and out, that foot's heel block should get little to no wear (I general only come out of my front binding twice a day. Once at lunch and once at the end of the day). If your rear binding's block wears out, swap the bindings around. Or make a concious effort to swap them everytime you have the bindings off of your board. Everytime you go to put the bindings back on, just look at them and put the one with the least wear on the rear of the board to help even out the wear.

But riding with Butter cup is not practical :nono:

:biggthump Yes, I guess it is a slippery slope. If a person started bringing with every possible thing you might need, one's pack could get full, and heavy, in a hurry. But if a person is in and out of their bindings 100 times a day and they are concerned about wear, they might feel it's worth having it with. Or having it in the locker or lunch bag to dab on, a second time, at lunch time. I guess I never thought of a little 1oz container, tossed in the back pack, as "not practical". :D

I buttered up before I went out from day one with my stepins. On a dry night I'd butter again. Now I stepped in and out about 40-50 times a night and I did notice a difference when I rebuttered and when I didn't. I carried it in my jacket pocket and it didn't bother me in the slightest

Sounds like your shorter elevation drop has you doing a lot more in and out that I do, but it should still make a difference.

Heh, can you believe that you wrote this? I mean, taken out of context it could leave a guy wondering. Anyway, got a trip this weekend to summit county and I bet I can find some butter there. Yeah baby! I'll get some and use it periodically....whenever the friction seems a little more than optimal.

Sounds like your shorter elevation drop has you doing a lot more in and out that I do, but it should still make a difference.

Heh, can you believe that you wrote this? I mean, taken out of context it could leave a guy wondering.

You might do more runs, but it's because you have to. You see, my runs just last way longer. :biggthump

...and what do you mean out of context. I don't get it. (just kidding):eplus2:

INTEC pins: they come quite sharp from the factory, so make sure to break the sharp edges with a file or (better) a stone.

Lubrication of receivers: BB works ok, but after few clip-ins it's gone... However, I found that cutting/tapping/drilling wax works way better and last a good session... besides, colder it is, longer it lasts... I've got a few sticks from my workplace laying around - really nice stuff...

And i switch receivers after every couple of sessions to keep the wear even...

where can I buy some of this wax? I might just give it a go head to head against the butter. Anything like ski wax?

INTEC pins: they come quite sharp from the factory, so make sure to break the sharp edges with a file or (better) a stone.

Lubrication of receivers: BB works ok, but after few clip-ins it's gone... However, I found that cutting/tapping/drilling wax works way better and last a good session... besides, colder it is, longer it lasts... I've got a few sticks from my workplace laying around - really nice stuff...

And i switch receivers after every couple of sessions to keep the wear even...