Note to New Members ×

Mammoth march 10-14

Frenchy_in_SD

Hi !

I'd like to know which shop is good for tuning alpine board in Mammoth ?

I'm a newbie in term of tuning and don't have a kit, and as I'm going 5 days I was thinking of doing a was job in the middle of the trip.

I think my edges are good and the base looks good too, so just a hot wax should be sufficient (unless a tuning wizard here tells me otherwise).

Thanks

Blue sky

Didier

Be caraful with your brand new Donek. You should check with Sean and see how the board left his shop. He has in the past sent them out totally flat with 0 degree on bevel and 0 degree on the edge. You can really appreicate this if you ever bought a baoard and later found it to be concave or convex to such an extent that it will never be totally flat:angryfire This is also so that you can choose your own personal preference. You might find this to be difficult to ride. I believe that he was using a stone grinder this year and some of his boards went out with 1 degree on bevel and 1 degree on the edge. But you should check to be sure. Sorry if this is old info to you, but if it is not, it might save you frustating day:biggthump

I bought it used on Ebay, but seller said he used it once.

I've read about the 0 deg that Sean put on his new boards but I don't know if the angles were changed on my board or not.

I will check tonight if the base is concave or flat, I don't think I can figure out without tool what is the angles for the edges though.....

Also, which brand to use for waxing ? Are they all the same or some are better than others ? I've done some search on this site for tuning but the amount of info is overwhelming at first, so right now I'm trying to figure out the simple stuff....

Blue sky

Didier

Hi !

A little update...

After a couple of hours on saturday (first day), watching some carvers on Stump Alley but not able to meet them, I went on the other side with my friend, On Santiago (14) I focused on avoiding a skier at the intersection... fall forward, twisted my right ankle (back foot), little trip to the hospital for some (luckily) negative Xray I went back to the condo for 2 days rest.

On tuesday, I was able to board a little... As Ray said, ugly conditions...

On wednesday, a little boarding before crashing hard on my back on the little run going around the mountain from 14 to the Main Lodge. Ankle is fine, but right knee got tweaked and back is hurting... might have to go for Xray again soon. :mad:

Dont know if the season is over but I've got to take lessons before I go out on my board as it's a little more technical than I thought....

Be safe on the slopes !

Didier