Note to New Members ×

Necessary Equipment East of the Mississippi

jjfarbs

Any reason to own a softdeck east of the Rocky Mountains? Its only collecting dust. I have absolutely no interest - took it out once in about 5 years (and I mean once - 700 ft of vertical and then back into storage). If I am not carving, I prefer skiing. At least I skied one day earlier this year, when carving conditions were poor. I ride the escarpment in Collingwood.

As soon as my kids are old enough to travel west I think I would bring the Prior :1luvu: and skis.

What say ye? Should I send the noodle off to ebay or should I consider taking out the soft gear and trying to ride different styles, switch pipe park hits (small hits :eek: )norm blah blah blah.... I can understand that pros need soft but the rest of us...I don't think so :nono:

I've only been at this snowboarding thing for the 06-07 season but I don't have any soft stuff, just a carving board and an "all mountain" axis. I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything....but maybe if you have it you could hold onto it for your backcountry adventures?