Note to New Members ×

Le Massif

alexeyga

Hey. Hope it won't be too icy over there. It sure is a pleasant but steep resort.

La Petite Rivière (blue) is a not to miss ! Probably one of the best view. Pretty straight, wide, a lot of people though.

I liked La Richard (blue) a lot. Less people than La petite Rivière, pretty wide too.

La Combe (green) is ok also.

La Fénomène (black) is really nice, but quite steep !!! If you like high speed, you'll love it. One thing: it is far from the chairs and you'll have to walk to get there. If you have friends who are on skis, ask for their help !!! :biggthump

Which board to bring..... hmmm... I had my Prior WCR 185. I had fun but it was too crowded and i was always "on the brakes". If you're going on Monday, i'd bring a stiff stick...

But hey, just remembered: Monday... School Break ???????? Ouch !! The only thing I can say !

Anybody has other suggestions ??

Hummm....

Keep in mind that the next two weeks are not the best of choices...

Next week (March 5th to 9th) is Québec school break

the week after (March 12th to 16th) is Ontario School break and a lot of people head to the Ste-Anne/le Massif area for a Family Holiday

PS Check out the "Carver's Almanac" site... Scott is referring to some runs which are carver-friendly at Le Massif....

http://www.alpinecarving.com/resorts.html#canada

PS Whenever you choose to go, enjoy ... !!

Marjo :)

Damn it... :angryfire I don't feel like doing 3.5 hours of road to do some human-gating... I don't enjoy driving that much nor I enjoy crowds of teenagers on vacation... Screw it, Massif will be still around after these 2 weeks of school break... Right?

How is it on Thursdays during normal period?

Lucky you !!!! Don't forget, most of the slopes go to the same 3 chairs... which means...................... :lol:

Ain't a problem for me, my foot are usually shot after 10 runs, so I do actually appreciate sometimes to be able to relax in a lift line... :cool: I will bring my full-face though, just in case... just in case... :ices_ange

• 2 weeks later...

What a misery!!!! I don't want to bitch, but that was the worst experience i had so far... We've arrived by noon, parking lot was PACKED!!!!! We still decided to go for it only to realize that all runs, I MEAN ABSOLUTELY all runs were MOGULED by m@@$##@$%A two-plankers... :barf: No more, never!!!!

700km worth of gaz + 2 half-day tickets... tossed in a ****-hole...

At least you did not have a 4 day ticket bought in advance with a reservation like we did a couple of years ago. Conditions were very icy, so much we scalped our ticked at the beginning of the last day. I won't go into personnal details, but the ice showed the worst side of someone during that vacation...

Not to bitch but... told u it was the worst week to go ! :lol:

And u have to be there early to avoid all the two plankers..

Better luck next time, if you ever decide to go back !

I knew it will be crowded, but i still compromised with my g/f... and guess who paid? :angryfire It's rather unlikely that i'll go back... Mountain is quite steep and runs are narrow... Not exactly what I can call a carver's dream... Although the view is magnificent... worth going back... someday... with a soft carving or pure freeride deck... NEVER DURING WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS/VACATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire