Note to New Members ×

T-minus............

Chubz

Folks,

It hit me today as I was riding that we (at least us here in PA) are on the downslope of the season. some of you may get to ride into may and june, but here in PA, usually late March is shutdown time.

SOOOO with that in mind,

Enjoy every turn you make from here in on out, until you wrap it up for the season. Those of you who may have gotten injured this season, rest up and heal during the summer and look forward to making trenches next year.

It has been an odd weather season here in PA, but enjoying the time on the hill.

Later

Greg

I thought our season (if we can call it that) was going to end early since we had possible the lowest snowfall on record-10 inches. Atleast, that was until last Friday, when parts of the cities got about 14 inches of snow, and starting tonight, we are supposed to have a 3 day storm that will bring anywhere from 10-20 inches. Some find it hard to believe, but we can always pray. Itll probably melt in a few days anyways...

This weekend will be day 40 of my season (which started December 1st).

The local snowpack will hold for most resorts in BC until April 15th or so, knock on wood.

Not bad for someone who still has to hold down a day job and keep up with the "Honeydew" list....

I KNEW there was a good reason that I moved from Massachusetts to British Columbia 21 years ago!

George

Didn't start riding on the escarpment until very late in December but since then the snow has been nonstop, perfect conditions and the base is now approaching 2m. A few weeks ago I had a morning with 6" fresh on top of groomed. :D Too bad it was -15. Temperatures now starting to moderate. As long as we don't get hammered by the freezing rain on its way from the Colorado Low :eek: I am pretty sure we are good until Easter Monday.

I ride PA too, but my season of riding there is most likely over. Leaving for CO for a week on Sunday and doubt I will do any PA riding after that. I have to say that I had some of the best east coast snow conditions I ever experienced one day at Whitetail. It was right after the cold weather came and the edgehold was fantastic- no granular anywhere.

We have until the twenties of March, although some PA resorts will try to make it until the beginning of April.

We had an unusually long winter thaw that lasted from late December to mid January. Our winter thaw usually happens in the month of January but is usually isolated to 2 or 3 weeks. Other than that, the season has been pretty predictable and probably will continue to be.

My averages for snow time are pretty close to every other year and when we have been open, the snow has been stellar.

BTW - We missed you at MAC Tracks Chubz.