Note to New Members ×

Bmes 2007

Chubz

Folks

Looking to gather for an expression session again this year at Blue Mtn.

Seeing what is best for those of you that think you can make it. We dont do any events or anything like that that, we just get together, to chat and ride.

Previous years have been on Fridays and we hope to do it on a Friday again just to try and avoid weekend crowds.

I'm throwing out dates of March 9 or 16. No holidays noted on calendar.

Post here to let us know what you think.

Greg

9th or 16th are good for me. I would even be up for any other weekday. I checked and there are no school holidays until the 23rd, an in service day.

What do you mean no contests? What about a circle carve contest on Razor? That would add a little element of danger :rolleyes:

Jesse

The POGO will be available to you, as the Blitz showed up yesterday so the OD will be avaiable. Let me know what you wanna do. From what Scott described, this thing is a bigger gun than my Riot, so I wont be making any micro carves, it seems Razor will be the order for the morning.

I hope they do atleast a half a$$ job on grooming.

I should be out Thursday morning for a test run to get it dialed in. Let me know if you just want me to bring a blank OD or if you want to stop over Thrusday night. I gotta watch the boys.

Greg

:biggthump Razor was sick and should be Friday. HERO snow all the way :biggthump

BLITZ is a disgusting ride. Took one run to get its habits figured out, but that thing is the best board I have ridden yet.

Gotta run, but I hope some folks can make it out.

On my way out the door to see a customer. Be back later this afternoon. I will post then. Sunday is usually a safer day for me. Friday night is typically beers night for me, but I am up for either.

Rode Monday, be thankful we went Friday. Loose death cookies that was tight in some areas then hit loose pockets of the cookies. Not so hot. After Friday O dont thinkit will get much better. Rain expected for Wed an dThursday and then freezing again so it should be some pure east coast boiler plate. You are welcome to try out that MADD 170 I have Joe.

Remind me to tell you the story from monday A$$holes in every crowd.

LAter

Greg

I'll be up Saturday and Sunday this weekend. So if you want to ride, just show up. Be prepared for glazed cord first thing in the morning... good practice.

Greg... you better show up or the OD is finding its way on the hill one way or the other.

I hope it was, its a fun board to ride. I didnt make it out, simply toooooo stiff to ride. wasnt feeling so hot Sunday morning. slight 24 hour headcold. Stopped at EMS today 50% off marked price.

Got a Salomon Jacket for $60 down from $250 and some wicking layers. sale wont drop aghain until last 3 days of sale and that will be at 75%.

I may just head in and grab some stuff and ebay it.

Guys

I was out Wednesday night from 8-9:30 pm. Oddest conditions I have seen in 20+ years of riding. I figured get some runs in before the rain gets here in mashed taters. Get there, maybe 20 ppl on the whole mountain. Head to razor off the lift and solid ice from lift to top of razor. It was odd, almost as if the melting snow was bubbling to the top of the snow and then it would freeze.

Top of razor was half frozen and half corn. And I am talking fast fast fast. Fast to the point of scaring me going down the hill and throw in the sketchiness of the half ice, small bumps and corn, I was literally scared with a lump in my throat. Quit riding razor and rode paradise, it was even fast to the point of being scary too.

If that stays the same with a dusting of snow on Friday, it will be super odd conditions. Who knows it may turn to hero for some odd reason. If you wanna stick with weekend, I can head up Friday to litmus test it.

Let me know

I don't know for sure, but I think Blue will receive at least a good 6"+ from this storm. It's starting to stick earlier than expected and from 2pm to 8pm it should be snowing 1-2" per hour. It should be either Pocono (heavy) pow or soft groom tomorrow. The quiver is set for whatever comes up... I'll be out Saturday and Sunday. No reason to stay in bed this weekend.

Jesse

Either way, I will be on the OSIN to start. Leave early and take your time getting there.

Nevermind, I didnt read the thread right. The storm will be over by 8 thus everything will be tracked out before closing.

Maybe get out the Riot .

Should be interesting.

Greg