Note to New Members ×

Lizard Carving Boards?

modifiede30

Anyone familiar with old Lizard carving boards. I was at a local Play it Again Sports shop and noticed they had what appears to be a very narrow with good radius Lizard board on clearance in good condition. Its a 163 and after going from my Burton Alp 169 to my old Nitro 157, I'm thinking of selling the Burton and buying something in between the two lengths - this Lizard seems like a good option. The Burton is just too long for me given my current abilities and the conditions I'm usually in, and it really doesn't have a radius that's good for the narrower slopes I'm on.

Anyone have experience with such a board?

the only real problem you'll find is that older boards tend to have limited stances. The HT Lizard I'm on has a max stance of about 19" (I was able to squeze an extra inch out of it with the TD2's), but that's about an inch narrower than my normal stance.

Also, on older boards you have to be aware of the breakdown of the fiberglass and resin layers, so keep an eye on the board looking for weak spots, cracking, and loose inserts.

Better to get a newer board for a few more dollars.

If you really have a jones for the classics, I still have a HT drive 150 for sale...and possibly the lizard depending on tomorrow's ride.