Note to New Members ×

Replacing a GNU Raceroom 187

hooknbounce

I have a GNU raceroom 187 with, Burton Raceplates, that has finally given up the ghost. The shop I sent it to for insert repair is offering me a good price on a LibTech Doughboy, but it is listed and looks more like a free ride board rather than an alpine like the race room. as I am no expert on the subject, but really enjoyed carving on the race room, can anyone give me any input as to how the Doughboy will handle the speeds and torque associated with free carving with the raceplates?

welcome to the board. First I have to say that you have more catching up to do on equipment than I did. there are lots of viable replacements available that will up your game tremendously although a doughboy is not one of them. read the gear review section to get a feel for some of the new stuff. You emailed me about the lacroix contest. ITs a skwal which is a whole other animal. check out skwalzone.org and watch the video clips. skwalmasutra features the contest several times. IT has a 12.5cm waist so its very much not a gnu:D lots of fun though if you are a screamer. As far as skwals go its a fast GS type ride. you ride 90/90 or 90/87ish so its a different feel. Good luck on your search its an eyeopening experience. Gear has made quantum jumps since you last purchased.

Oh yeah be sure and get JACK's opinion on wether or not you should go ASYM:lol:

Hang around you'll like it here

Real race boards these days are narrower and stiffer than your Gnu, which was actually a pretty versatile ride.

I'd look at the Rad-Air Tanker if you want to replace the old Race Room. I have an old 178 Race Room that I haven't ridden in a few years, and now I have a 200 cm Tanker that is superior in every way. I think there are some 192s around for sale that would be a good switch.

The pics are spot on with the one I just gave up minus the 80's punk band stickers I had on it. It was a good stick in its time. I am 6' 220 - 230lbs (200 - 210lbs when I bought it) depending on how much Guinness I have been consuming at the time.

Thanks for al the input, the sites you guys sent me have been muy muy helpful. With the stiffer boards these days would I be alright on something a little shorter say 180ish?