Note to New Members ×

Question about Silver Mt., Idaho

Galen

So, We were thinking off going to silver mt for 5 days next week. Never been. I noticed on they're website today that only 3 of the 6 lifts and about half the runs were open. Is this normal for a weekday? It didn't seem too windy or nasty to shut down lifts cuz or weather. Anyone with info? :confused:

I was on Silver Mountain during the bad weather Friday. There are 5 lifts here. I suspect Lift #5 is usually shut down midweek due to low volume (lift 3 also covers the area). Lift 4 has been down since I've been here. I'm told mech problem... maybe up this weekend. Lift 2 (Kellogg Peak) was shut down Friday around 1:00 during heavy weather. I was told mech problems, parts required, down for several days. During the heavy weather people stranded on chair 2 were being roped down. Resort closed at 1:30. I had got on the Gondola at 1:05 to leave... Winds caused ride down to take 1 hr 25 min when it usually is only 20 min.

I'm not impressed with Silver so far. Mostly due to poor weather. Today (Sat Feb 17) looks poor also. The groom freezes to a heavy ice crust that need super edges. Very poor visability in overcast that hangs on.

Well, its getting to be time to fix my bagel sandwiches and fill up my water bladder for the days riding. Conditions may suck... but it sure beats working.