Note to New Members ×

Looking for a set of Intec heels

Whaack

I have just noticed that a pair of Burton Ice hardboots which I just purchased is missing the little flange which sticks out of the back of the boot to hold it in the bindings:(. Therefore I need to find one of these flange type pieces or possibly 2 intec heels, and then look for a set of Intec Bindings. Thanks.

According to this.... http://www.alpinecarving.com/boot_models.html

Burton made several Intec compatible boots that are recommended:

• Burton Wind, 4-buckle + strap. Also, a women's version was made ('99), using a different last, designed for a lower calf position.
  • Burton Fire, 4-buckle + strap. Stiffer then the Wind, with a slightly taller cuff.
  • Burton Ice ('00), 3-buckle + strap, designed for women.

....they are. I'm sure someone who has or does, own them, can chime in to confirm.

The heel piece can be unscrewed and the ledge can be extended past the shell to enable using them for bail type bindings....

4 Screws under the heel block... undo them... and line up the second set of holes and screw them back in... carefully... and you have a ledge!!!!!!

The ice is the same basic design as the Wind and Fire for mens!!

Yes they are intec compatible....

let us know how ya go!!!

I used Burton Ice's (the red/grey womens boots, right?) with TD1's and Intec heels. Everything worked fine.

Can't say much for the boots though. Damn things are so narrow they killed my wide feet.

P.S. No mods needed for the heels to work. Take out stock heels and replace them with Intecs. Easy as pie.

Thanks for the message, When I purchased the boots used there was no mention that they were actually womans boots. Since being advised on Bomberline I now Know that they are. Having said that, they seem to fit fine and did come with a set of New moldable liners. I am new to Hard Boots (ex skier and soft booter) on an alpine board so Iam just wondering if these boots, probably being a little softer will be a good or a bad thing for a begginer. Also if any one has a set of Intec bindings for sale let me know.

As a "advanced beginner" I didn't notice much difference in stiffness between them and SB224's or SB325's. They have walk and ride mode so they will be just fine for entry level to intermidiate riding.

They only have three buckles but the built in power strap actually works very well as a "4th buckle".

I didn't know they were women's either until after the fact. Makes no difference IMHO.

I think the reason they are "women's boots" isn't the stiffness but the fit. Forgive the generalization (whether or not it's true) tend to have smaller feet for the same sized ankles/calves so if they fit alright then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. They were the same design as one of the other burton boots, just a little different in the fit.

Edit, I tried to cite my source, but I can't seem to find it.