Note to New Members ×

75 runs today

Fastskiguy

Back before I started carving I used to regularly do ~54000 at Northstar (30 laps on the Backside Express which I believe is ~1800). Get there before the lift opened and leave when the lift shut down, no stopping for lunch, and if I had to pee I would use a tree.

I would do it every time there was a powder day, and let me tell you, 7 hours

of nonstop tree riding is just killer on the back leg. Back then I had massive, massive quads.

Ive attempted the same sort of feat at Maple Ridge, a local hill with about 300 vertical feet. The only problem Ive faced is that after about 15 times around, you can get caught in your own trenches and wipe out when you try to release at a moment you didnt last time.:smashfrea

There is a cool event held at Mt. Tremblant each year for charity, called the "24 hours of Tremblant", where teams of 4 skiers / riders compete for vertical in a 24 hour marathon. Perhaps Alpine would take a look at this, perhaps we could put together a team (or two?) of hardbooters to take home 1st and 2nd? It is "Alpine" valley afterall..

Alg

We could look into it...

Dude,

Nothing like trenching up your own run. I can see 100 at Alpine, but the dizziness of round and round, up and down, all day could get the best of you.

Alg

Well it did get a little hard to take at about 65 runs. We'd been at it for awhile, same run time after time, and had a long way to go. But we stuck with it and managed to get'r done. The lifts are open 10am to 9pm on the weekdays so it really would be possible to do a lot more....

Nothing like a lot of practice to learn a new skill, I still have the fever baby!