Note to New Members ×

What's good at Heavenly?

ar(angel

Looks like the wife and I are going to South Lake Tahoe with friends for the weekend of the 16th and I might be able to squeeze in a day at Heavenly (our accommodations are attached to it somehow). Anyone have any good suggestions about where to ride/what runs are best? I'll be alone as my lovely bride will be at the spa all day if all goes as planned and I should be able to ride the better part of the day. I haven't been there in years, the last time I went I was still skiing...... :o

Thanks!

I've been on the South Shore for 25 years, I've never met Randy S. He's probably on the N Shore.

Don't bother with Tahoecarvers:

They're not from Tahoe, they're from Santa Cruz

Addicted to surfing( :) ) they're only part-time carving addicts and

They hate heavenly- they love the Wood (also :) )

Come ride with me and Cuban carving gooding on Monday. He is a graduate of the "Shred"-school-of-carving aka Gruum-jockey-extraordinaire.

By comparison, I'm a bull in a china shop.

After you experience Heaven's cord you will, of course, be sworn to secrecy.

I won't be there on Monday, but I appreciate the invite. We're only staying 'til Sunday evening. Hopefully I can get an early start and go most of the day. I'm really looking forward to getting some time in somewhere other than my local mountain, the conditions up there are pretty bad right now....

If you're talking about this weekend the snow should be great for a change. Might get some weather this weekend.To be honest I haven't ridden Heavenly in a few years because of season passes elsewhere.I would ride the Nevada side, fewer crowds and good cord. You can drive there from South Shore in ten minutes instead of entering on the Cal. side and then having to make your way over there and back. Getting to and from the Cal. side might be easier now with the new gondola. Haven't tried it. Olympic downhill is a great run, and not crowded due to an old double lift, but the others are good too! Back when I was riding there Nevada was where to carvers hung out. Enjoy!

I've been on the South Shore for 25 years, I've never met Randy S. He's probably on the N Shore.

Don't bother with Tahoecarvers:

They're not from Tahoe, they're from Santa Cruz

Addicted to surfing( :) ) they're only part-time carving addicts and

They hate heavenly- they love the Wood (also :) )

Come ride with me and Cuban carving gooding on Monday. He is a graduate of the "Shred"-school-of-carving aka Gruum-jockey-extraordinaire.

By comparison, I'm a bull in a china shop.

After you experience Heaven's cord you will, of course, be sworn to secrecy.

Trencher is mostly correct. Randy rides on the North Shore (Alpine to be exact) and the Santa Cruz chapter members of Tahoecarvers ARE addicted to surfing :1luvu:, 10 minutes to the water :cool:, but 4 hours to the snow :mad:

Last week, I rode with Cuban Carving Gooding (graduate of the Shred school) at Kirkwood and I was very impressed with the Gooding style :ices_ange , lets do it again sometime.

Carving at Heavenly can be good, if you know where to go. Temps this weekend should be warm :flamethro

Peace,

Hugh

Well Heavenly was a blast, I rode 'til my legs gave out (about 1:30pm, I forgot my L-glutamine :( !) and loved every second of it. Props to "Cuban Carving Gooding" for some good pointers, saw him tearing up Olympic on his "Madd Cuban" but we couldn't quite get sync'd up. I eventually caught him at the "Slice of Heaven" at the Stagecoach Lodge where we talked for a bit and he gave me some much needed advice on my heelsides. The snow was surprisingly firm for the conditions, sunny & low 40's, and I was able to get a few good turns in despite the "torpedoes & rockets" bombing down the hill. I did a little "exploring" on other runs, got over to the East Peak Lodge (what a show that was!) and saw some very pretty country while I was there, a great all around experience. Thanks again to all those that replied and I hope to make it back over there again soon.