Note to New Members ×

WhiteTail Extreme Carving

rschneid

I am a newbie carver enthusiast, still using my soft boot setup to try and learn carving and trying to explain to the rest of my family what I am trying to get to. So there I am sitting on the chair at White Tail (PA). Presto, here comes someone doing extreme carving down LimeLight. Fully laid out on on all turns. I did not see him again. But even my (skiing) kids admitted that it looked pretty cool. My youngest described it this way, "it looks like he is wiping out but no he is back up and wiping out on the other side but no...". Anyway, dont know who it was, but thanks to whomever. Also validated that extreme carving is possible in less than ideal conditions. This was not a groomed trail, and it was populated with a lot of skiiers, snowboarders etc..

Meant to add that this was yesterday (Saturday Feb 10 about noon)

Rich S.

Rich,

I believe that you are on track for learning how to ride this way. Once you have mastered the basics of carving and are very comfortable with them, I believe that you will be able to EC given the right conditions. At RT, Ramrod is the perfect EC slope. Having never ridden WT, I don't know their trails at all.

With your natural ability and passion to learn, you'll be EC'ing in no time.:biggthump

BTW, we missed you at MAC tracks - there were a few people throwing some EC there. Of course, the limbo is practically an event dedicated to EC.

limelight can be physically exhausting on plates. hb'ers at 'tail are great to hear of, but as i've said, you need to be very very careful about wide turns there. i was taken out on the slope to the right of limelight (as you're on the limelight lift). u r nutz if you try to EC on some of the blues during the weekend. i'd love to see it done though. it could have been Vlad, who used to post here. he used to hear up Limelight. di dyou see what kind of board he had?

I was out at WT yesterday and as Barry said, it was a zoo... I had to be real patient and wait for openings in the traffic flow and then be ready to bail when I caught a straight-liner on my uphill checks. The family said they saw two skwals and another guy on plates -- geesh, 4 hardbooters on one day!