Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe boot flex

abakker

i purchased a brand new pair of deeluxe track 325s this year and had them thermofitted and had the straps drilled for the best fit i could get.

now, after 27 days on them this season, i notice that the flex pattern is different from my right to left boot.

when i tighten the boots the same tightness, and have the boot setting unlocked, the left boot(back foot, i'm goofy)is significantly softer and has way more flex. on the other hand, my right boot is stiff and feels like it always did.

at the beginning of the season i rode both boots in forward lean 3 (knob rotated 90 degrees) but after riding some the boot flex changed in one boot, and now i have to ride my back boot locked and my front boot at 90

can anyone think of a reason that this is happening?

Alex

I have after just 10 days noticed the same thing but reverse. I´m regular so right foot is softer. My theory goes like this: I bend my backfoot more up and down and therefore get a smoother surface and less friction between cuff and boot. Thats just my 10cents. BTS is the solution I think.

can anyone think of a reason that this is happening?

1. Check the tongue of your boot. It may be cracked.

2. Check the lower cuff buckle/strap on both boots. If one is looser than the other it will make the forward flex feel easier than the tighter one. Why? 'Cause the smaller diameter of the lower cuff acts as a forward limiter when it starts to slide over the lower boot shell.