Note to New Members ×

NORAM Results

yyzcanuck

I can't find the REAL results posted any place. No FIS, no Alberta Snowboard Association, no CSF!!

Do you have the results? Timing issues?

Some of the result may be thrown out, because of huge mistakes made by the timing crew and jury decisions.......So we'll see.

After the class act we saw at the Nor-Ams in Quebec these events were sub-par. Day one issues were with the resort blowing snow on the race hill until 2 in the morning, and not grooming until just before we set the course (a huge rut fest was the result). Day two issues were with a ref. report filled out wrong, which ment that a rider in the top 16 was DQed without anyone knowing about it until it was too late. Day three was the first time myself along with a few other coaches actually had to file a formal protest. Day four we didn't even do the finals because of timing issues and I will never be convinced that the times finally got corrected.

MJB - I agreed that it was very interesting for any young racer to make the trip for 4 days of NorAm races. For me, I gained a lot of racing experience in a very short period of time.I doubled ( 2X ) my number of Noram races in that weekend. I would make that trip again, anytime.:biggthump

Seb