Note to New Members ×

Cascade Mountain??

rwmaron

If you're in the Madison area you should head to Tyrol Basin instead. There are a whole lot more of us hardbooters at Tyrol than Cascade. Cascade looks bigger, but the entire top !/2 of the hill is a big flat so you don't really get much more ridable vert. They do have a couple nice cruisers, but the bar and people and grooming are all better at Tyrol. Post when you'll be up here and I'm sure some people will come out to the hill.

Oh...and if you're here on Monday we have a race league on Monday nights at Tyrol and we just happen to be running snowboard gates next week.

Its too bad I didn't see this earlier. We ran snowboard gates last night as well. There was a grand total of 6 people out there, all hardbooters. It was cold, but the cord was awesome and no one else was messing it up for us :) I can't make it out tonight because my kids have swim lessons tonight. I'm not sure how many people will be out tonight, but I'll post to our teams e-mail to let them know another hardbooter will be out. If it is like last night there should be some awesome cord, and not a lot of people. The other plus is Tuesdays are $10 lift tix. Its not huge, but there are some decent runs....especially if lift C is open.

Be sure to drop a line anytime you're in town and we'll do some riding.

Brett

Ya, we were out last night, and aside from the near-fatal temperatures, the snow was in great shape. Twister, the run under the B lift, was excellent.

The grooming this year has been somewhat sub-par - whoever they've got doing it doesn't do such a great job knocking down the ridges.

I agree with $trider that the bar is better at Tyrol, and the elevation is not much different (ya, the top 1/3 of the hill at Cascade is too flat to be useful).

However, Cascade is quite a bit wider, so more runs, and they do have a high-speed quad, which might be nice on a night like this since it means less time sitting on the lift.

But Tuesdays $10 lift tix at Tyrol can't be beat. Usually that means a crowd on Tuesdays, but I'll bet it'll still be sparse tonight.

I don't think I can make it out, but will post if it looks good. I got too much crap going on - dead cars to deal with and a trip to Big Sky to pack for.