Note to New Members ×

Donek Incline For Hardboots Only?

eastcoasticerider

The Incline was the board that made me really fall in love with snowboarding. I have never ridden plates at the time, but after riding it for a season on softies, I wanted to try plates and the rest is history. So yeah, it does fine with softies, but it leaves you wanting to rail harder,

I was demoing the Lib Tech Magnetraction which is fun and stable on icey conditions and very cramped small eastern snowparks, but the soft nose is no fun when you tip it up on edge and the nose starrts to get soft and fold up. wimpy ! wet noodle feeling..Im spoiled from alpine boards........ :biggthump

My Incline used to do double duty withe plates and soft boots bindings. Now that I have my F2SP, the Incline has Ride SPi soft bindings (39,30 with 28mp boots) mounted to it full time and, honestly, I've found a new appreciation for the board. It carves very well and rewards good technique without killing you for bad.

My biggest problem is that it's a very stiff board and can be punishing. Since the start of the season I've added about 5 pounds of muscle, most in my legs, and I credit it to the board. My other complaint is that it has no float in powder.

For the record I ride a 160 and currently weigh 150 without gear (or clothes).

I was demoing the Lib Tech Magnetraction which is fun and stable on icey conditions and very cramped small eastern snowparks, but the soft nose is no fun when you tip it up on edge and the nose starrts to get soft and fold up. wimpy ! wet noodle feeling..Im spoiled from alpine boards........ :biggthump
Yea, I demo'd the MTX as well - lots of edgehold, but it didn't have a smooth "thrust" feeling during the carves that I like. The Donek is better although I really recommend the Madd boards (TT, FR/FS/ or BX) as well (more damp and mellower flex while still having a ton of edgehold).

thats the first revue/recommendation Iv eheard for a Madd freeride board.....only a few bucks more than the Donek.....Are they hungup on Michaelangelo or something?..... :cool:
If you search there are a couple glowing reviews about the Madd BX board. The Hardbooter crew also posted a positive review about the Madd Freeride and TwinTip boards. In general people here don't ride "regular" freeride decks... you will see most of the Donek Inclines/Wides/Sasquatches tend to be ridden in more alpine lengths and styles (this is why the Madd BX, which matches better to the Incline, is favored over the Madd Freeride). The Madd Freeride/TwinTip is primarily for people who want a soft setup that rides like a soft setup, but has some very nice carving qualities to it.

As you mentioned, the board graphics are ... interesting.